Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe 1st model, WKC

Article about: Hey! I'm really interested in this dagger and would like to know how much I should be willing to pay for it. It's beeing auctioned from a private seller and has no fixed price. From the look

Default Luftwaffe 1st model, WKC

Hey!

I'm really interested in this dagger and would like to know how much I should be willing to pay for it.
    It's beeing auctioned from a private seller and has no fixed price.

From the look of it im guessing its a later aluminum dagger?
    Was it common to use gold thread on the handle?

Luftwaffe 1st model, WKCLuftwaffe 1st model, WKCLuftwaffe 1st model, WKCLuftwaffe 1st model, WKCLuftwaffe 1st model, WKC

Regards,
    Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 1st model, WKC
    P
    Many

Good one WKC Aluminum 1st Luftwaffe dagger. Hi originates from the Middle Period in TR dress blades production.
    Gilding on the crossguard and pommel normal are very well preserved.
    The only thing I would like to see is screws on the scabbard.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-05-2014 at 10:45 PM.

looks ok to me.

The Gold braid banding was common on these grips and varied in twist style by the producer. read through some of the 1st Luft threads here on this forum..and at the top right hand corner of the page is a search engine..just type in 1st model Luftwaffe and many threads will come up..to which you can compare by the maker. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Vedran and Harry!

I've managed to miss the search box in the right corner, thanks Larry

cheers,
    Jonas

I had a near mint dagger like this for sale about a month ago however mine was by horster with the silver triple wired grip. Im gonna be honest and say I really struggled to sell mine as many thought it was too nice to be original! I actually struggled to convince a dealer at one fair I took it too which is ridiculous.
    The replica versions of these aluminium daggers are still pretty poor but others who do not know the differences often shy away from them as the nickel version seem the 'safer' bet.
    I learnt a lesson that day. Although I may know every cranny and detail about these things when it comes to re-selling you simply rely on others knowing the same to buy them. If you cant find a similar thinking person you will struggle.
    So just bare it in mind before you buy it. They still sell for £650-£700, but if you ever decide to sell it they are that much more difficult.
    just my honest view, best matty
    ps. this dagger is 100% authentic.

Hi matty.

thank you very much for the help and honesty, much appreciated.

I saw your beautiful dagger a few weeks ago but the thread was in red colour so I'm guessing it was already sold.
    I really would like to get my hands on a first model and it would have been nice to know that the money went to a fellow forum member.

Best Regards,
    Jonas

Hi Jonas, no worrys and thankyou. Yeah dagger sold ok to a guy that deals soley in daggers so I dare say it will come on the market again at some point.
    Don't be completely put off the aluminium Luftwaffe daggers because they are a very beautiful dagger.
    Sadly though,unlike Nickel, aluminium doesn't age. It doesn't tone, it doesn't get a patina. all these qualitys buyers look for to try and date a dagger it sadly doesn't have. If you were gonna try and fake a dagger, the aluminium is the first model to try to forge first and that is why (like me) when you have a mint original aluminium dagger it raises suspicions almongst collectors/dealers not in the know.
    That's the problem I had anyway, hope you find something..... at the right money this daggers is still a good buyl!
    best matty

?

I realy like the first pattern LW daggers.
    Strangely they are not quick sellers.
    Not even when the price is right and you have a awesome Herder and Höller in Nickel Silver for 750 euro with a portepee, i managed to sell them but it costed me 6 months..

LW alu versions in Holland are available in good condition for prices from 550-650 euro depending on maker and condition.

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Ger

The first luftwaffe daggers are the ones who got me interested in collecting.
    I'm hoping i'll be able to get my hands on this one for no more then 600 euro.

For the short while i've been trying to collect daggers i've noticed that the prizes tend to go up pretty high when
    they are sold where i live (sweden).

Perhaps this one will be easier to get my hands on if they are as hard to sell as you, and Matty, has mentioned.
    wish me luck!

cheers,
    Jonas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast