Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd model real or fake

Article about: I didn't like the pics, but reading through the early positive comments I thought I needed to go back to the drawing board. Glad to see I was on the right track.

Default Luftwaffe 2nd model real or fake

Ok so I posted this in another thread but when I did it posted pictures of another dagger with the dagger in question. Tell me what you guys think about this one. I promise this is the last one for a while.

Ray

Luftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fakeLuftwaffe 2nd model real or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd model real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe 2nd model real or fake

Nice orignal dagger but the blade is the wrong way makers mark goes on the other side but no big deal.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

So i am new to collecting daggers Eric. What do you see that makes you say that it is an original? Just wondering so that when I go look at other ones I know.

Ray

Hi Ray, congrats on your dagger, I just recently got my first one of those

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...holler-147513/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

So it doesn't matter that the makers mark is on the wrong side? Also I havent bought it yet I wanted to get everyones opinion on it first before I go and spend the money. How much should I offer the guy for it?

For this maker it does matter that the makers logo is on the back,,but I remember some time ago that a Holler dagger has surfaced and the logo was in question. Stickgrenades 2nd Luft example is correct and take a close look at his logo compared to the logo in question. I also attached the thread link of the past thread concerning a logo on a Heer dagger.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...l-fake-131513/
    The correct amount of digits on thermometer with this type logo out of 3 types,, is 34 digits,,, on this dagger in question there is only 22 digits. Stickgrenades dagger is correct!! This type logo is widely faked,, and is seen on 2nd lufts,,Armys,,Govt officials,, mostly. Something else that I am little nervous about, is the crossguard itself. The "blackening on the wings is not patina,, but is an artificial antiquing patina commonly seen on Brass light fixtures.( I have a high sodium diet also and like my daggers evenly patined ) The red leather buffer?? Never seen one on any 2nd Luft example. The only time I seen a red buffer are felt ones on 2nd Naval daggers. The grip is real and the pommel also from what i can see,, I cant comment on the scabbard,, as sharper eyes are needed, to discern the carrying bands. Is this dagger coming from a reputable source?,, because I would question it. What is "the Guy" offering to sell it for? and then we can give you an idea what its really worth! I dont want to see you get burned!! best regards Larry

Good eye Siegfried. I didn't even notice that. So from what it looks like I should steer clear of the dagger. I will just hit him up for the ground find dagger. Thanks everyone for the info. I have learned alot from everyone and look forward to learning more. Thank you siegfried for explaining why you don't think it is real instead of "I don't like it". That helps out more then anything so that when others that do go to buy daggers or anything TR they can expand their knowledge and others as well. Thanks again.

Ray

Hi Larry, thanks for your thoughts on this one. I wasn't keen on it either.

Ray: I would not buy this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very useful information Larry, thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hey Ray,, in this hobby its a double edged sword that not only it helps the collector beware but also the scammers and fakers watching. Everyone here tries not to let on too much about whats wrong with it ( Myself included ) without going into great detail. Surely fakers can correct their mistakes,, but a trained eye can catch a child ( or fakers) in another room doing something they shouldnt be doing ,,but as a parent,, we know the difference. The majority of stuff partial fakes ( mixed parts) and full fakes are easily recognized,, its the Highend fakes that are coming out that are getting to be very difficult to tell the difference. It will be a matter of time before all TR collectibles have "morphed" into something that know one will be able to see the difference. Sad but true! Its up to us now as the collector to study and learn. I have learned on this forum that we look out for each other,, and also keep a watchful eye on whats coming and going, so that we keep this hobby enjoyable. Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast