luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger

Article about: i have been offered this dagger as part of a collection and would like more opinions on it. Annoyed from this ads?   thanks john

Thumbs up luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger

i have been offered this dagger as part of a collection and would like more opinions on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handle_bk.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	753683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handle_ft.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	753684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	753685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dagger handle013.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	753686

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wait for others to chime in with a second opinion, but as I recall those markings are for a post war dagger put together from peroid parts. I believe they were sold to GI's as souviners.

Cheers, Robert

HI John...Robert is correct..there are post war assemblies made for the GIs to take home as souvenirs. This company name is Bolte and Anschutz "B&A". Your dagger is made up of various producer left over war liberation. This Dagger is not worth alot..yet is still a piece of history being made up and presented to the occupying forces as keepsakes. Not much of the authentic edged weapons were left to be found after the first troops came in and liberated all the goodies themselves.

"B&A" saw an enterprising opportunity and a need by the returning Vets to take home a keepsake. Past Discussions of B&A speaks of this company scrounging around Bombed out factories..or abandoned buildings searching for fittings. I will see if I can find the thread that is on the WRF discussing B&A further Regards Larry

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill