Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger

Article about: Hi Everyone, I would like some opinions and classification of authenticity of this dagger. It is non maker marked, but from the detail in the eagle and the oak leaves etc. I believe it to be

Default Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger

Hi Everyone, I would like some opinions and classification of authenticity of this dagger. It is non maker marked, but from the detail in the eagle and the oak leaves etc. I assume it to be a genuine item, But this is the first Luftwaffe dagger I have properly handled. Your help would be very much appreciated and I thank you in advance.
    Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger
    Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger
    Last edited by scottmadoo; 01-18-2015 at 11:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger
    P
    Many

I have moved your thread to the correct Luftwaffe daggers sub forum.

Looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Scott... I would like some sharper eyes to take alook at the crossguard eagle as maybe the lighting..is giving a false few of the patina. This shiney what appears to be black patina.is commonly seen on repros. I am not 100% sure of this..but it may be the lighting. I am away at the moment and would like to hear other opinions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

When I look at the pictures I would say that flash was used and that's never a good way to show good detail and patina. It is very important that you take your pictures without flash and using daylight. Having said that, I think your dagger is original. The crossguard and pommel are typical WKC products. The scabbard is a Pack type. Easy to recognise by the big leaves on the scabbard bands. Since your dagger is unmarked, it cannot be confirmed who the maker of this dagger was. It is known that many small makers used WKC and Pack parts to assemble their daggers.

Danny

Hi Larry, Thanks for your comments I have taken some photos taken in the daylight to see if it helps. As you can see from various angles the camera makes the metal look a different colour. Hope these help Regards

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger

I've added a couple more shots of the top of the cross guard because in some photo's it looks washed out which is not a true likeness. Thanks again guys

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern DaggerLuftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger
    Last edited by scottmadoo; 01-25-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Great 2nd set of photos Scott ..thankyou Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It seems to me that there is nothing wrong....good appearance and good patina. For me is ok.

very nice dagger.