Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please

Article about: Hi everyone, My first post in this Forum so I hope you can help me. I acquired this dagger off a friend who's dad used to collect WW2 items. I believe this is a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

?

Default Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please

Hi everyone, My first post in this Forum so I hope you can help me. I acquired this dagger off a friend who's dad used to collect WW2 items. I believe this is a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger but I'd be interested to learn more about it. It also seems to have a name 'LANDGRAF' inscribed on the top so It looks like the soldier carved his name. I'd be very grate full for any feedback on this dagger and if it is worth anything as it is dirty and has a slight crack on the handle. Many thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please  

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please  

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd pattern Dagger advice and review please
    P
    Many

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

A good original dagger. Just wipe the blade down to to get rid of those greasy fingerprints.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

its good,worth,yes.

Original 2. model Luftwaffe dagger, produced by Schuttelhofer & C0 Solingen.
    These type of dagger was begin to introduced during 1937.
    Your dagger was produced by smaller Solingen company, so most part in your dagger is Generic type. (Pommel, grip crossguard.)
    Unfortunately at this dagger you can see a traces of cleaning - especially on the blade.
    (Daggers are worth more if they are intact, although some people think it should be a dagger to glow - which is totally wrong.)

Regards
    Vedran

nice dagger...the scabbard seems a WKC production..isnt' it?

I'm wondering about the pommel.
    Looking at the pictures I see that It isnt facing the right way.
    Would this perhaps be a sign that is has been taken apart?

Cheers,
    Jonas

Perhaps, such type of scabbard are also common on the second generic Luftwaffe daggers, produced by smaller producers, or unmarked Luftwaffe daggers.
    Pommel is watching wrong, because someone is too squeezed him on blade tang and grip.
    Broken grip is result of these.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Thanks for responses, @Rancid 66 I think the picture looks like it is scratched but it is grease smears. How would you keep this in good condition? It came with grease on the blade so I'm guessing this was put on to preserve the blade? Is it good to keep these how they are or to clean them? And yes the Pommel is the other way around because I wanted to picture the makers mark better.

Thanks

James

James, gentle wipe grease with cotton cloth, and keep the dagger in a dry location, with constant temperature.
    It is quite enough.

Regards
    Vedran

The pommel and crossguard appear to have that antiqued finish that is common with modern day repros. Someone prove me wrong and with the use of photos please. Crossgaurd eagle does not look stern enough...the finish on those 2 parts tells me otherwise IMO Parts!! Regards Larry

a link for comparison 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast