Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.

Article about: Just purchased today. I have a few daggers, bayonets and a couple swords in my collection but I'm not specifically a blade collector. However, when a good friend offered to part with this li

TWS
    ?

Default Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.

Just purchased today. I have a few daggers, bayonets and a couple swords in my collection but I'm not specifically a blade collector. However, when a good friend offered to part with this little gem I had to pick it up. The gilt swastikas on the pommel put it over the top for me and I also find the "Seated King" logo of Solinger Metallwaffenfabrik to be pretty cool. Also has the Waffenamt stamp. Definitely not an over the top piece by the standards of this forum, but thought I'd share it anyway.
    Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.
    P
    Many

Hi Todd love the dagger ..SMF is the best IMO when it comes to 2nd luft daggers.

Could you post a photo of the reverse grip ..I want to see something. No worries ..its all good

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Todd love the dagger ..SMF is the best IMO when it comes to 2nd luft daggers.

Could you post a photo of the reverse grip ..I want to see something. No worries ..its all good

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry. And happy to oblige. I was playing with Riker mounts so you're going to get a little backdrop.

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

The gilted Swazi on that does make it POP!
    Beautiful coloring on the grip. Add the hanger and you got a great set right there!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Nice one Todd. Great pickup.

Larry: I guess your looking for a different "toning" of the grip?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Beautiful dagger , SMF simply the best 2nd patt Lufty ! Regards Paul

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice one Todd. Great pickup.

Larry: I guess your looking for a different "toning" of the grip?
    Hi Michael...more looking to see if it was one that I had in my collection years ago as it looks almost identical to the one I had except the toning of the grip on Todds example has a slight tinge more or red tinge mixed into the pumpkin color which is far more advanced in sun aging than mine which was pumpkin on the front and yellow orange on the reverse.

Also mine had a minute chip on the 4th grip going from the bottom up. Todds example is perfect along with SMFs infamous gilting process that seem to hold tightly without flakeing off over time.
    Love these SMFs 2nd Models

Thankyou Todd for posting the extra photo..I miss mine dearly and kick myself to this day for letting it go.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'm sorry to tell you that your dagger has an Eickhorn scabbard. Here's my SMF 2nd model to compare your scabbardbands.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.   Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.  

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern dagger by SMF.  

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post

Also mine had a minute chip on the 4th grip going from the bottom up. Todds example is perfect along with SMFs infamous gilting process that seem to hold tightly without flakeing off over time.
    Love these SMFs 2nd Models

Thankyou Todd for posting the extra photo..I miss mine dearly and kick myself to this day for letting it go.

Regards Larry
    Ah, I see now. Yeah, I bought this from a friend who is in his 70's and he has owned it easily 25, probably 30 years. So I know where it's been for a very long time.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you that your dagger has an Eickhorn scabbard. Here's my SMF 2nd model to compare your scabbardbands.

Regards
    Danny
    Well spotted Danny , Don't know how I missed that ! In my defence I think I was blinded by that gorgeous pommel & crossguard ,regards ,Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast