Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn

Article about: Hi all, I haven't owned a dagger in years, and this one is local, and I am thinking of picking it up, but I thought I would run it past the more experienced dagger guys before I pull the tri

Hi Bob, it is very interesting that rest of the dagger is textbook Eickhorn in every way and 100% correct. At the first, you have to know that most of the Eickhorn grips has a deep orange colour. Grips also has less orange colour and then most rare (and in my opinion much nicer) are yelow grips. I never saw a white grip on Eickhorn daggers, even on very late war produced examples. Also Mr. Wittmann in his book Exploring the dress daggers of German Luftwaffe say that Eickhorn never used white grips and never used twisted brass, or twisted aluminum wire, but always use springy aluminum or copper wire.

So in my opinion, original grip was for example damagerd and somebody, without that basic knowledge about Eickhorn 2nd. model Luftwaffe daggers, just decided to put on dagger nice undamaged grip. If you look for yelow, orange, or deep orange grip with springy aluminum wire or springy copper wirre, dagger will be textbook But still it is interesting dagger, if you leave it as it is, even the grip ring is Eickhorn!

Best regards

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the detailed reply mate, greatly appreciated !

Warm Regards

Bob

I decided to go ahead and buy the dagger Peter, and if I find a nice set of grips down the track I will replace them,
    I was after one for display, as I haven't owned a Luftwaffe dagger in a lot of years, and I thought one would like
    rather nice with some other Luftwaffe pieces. Thanks for taking the time to assist with my questions mate....

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn  

Hi Bob and a little " Wow" factor. !!

Very nice assemblage of Luftwaffe items and medals. I really like how you photographed it .

One for the " Wedding Album " as I have teased my wife about in the past by adding Hobby pics into.

Give our forum sponsor a shout to see if he can help you out with a correct grip Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2