Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn

Article about: Hi all, I haven't owned a dagger in years, and this one is local, and I am thinking of picking it up, but I thought I would run it past the more experienced dagger guys before I pull the tri

Default Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn

Hi all,

I haven't owned a dagger in years, and this one is local, and I am thinking of picking it up, but I thought I would
    run it past the more experienced dagger guys before I pull the trigger, I am way out of my depth with edged weapons,
    but would like one example to put on the shelf....

Thanks for looking,

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn   Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn  

Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn   Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

I see no issues with it ..looks to have the Eickhorn Heart shaped pommel with the Swaz ..set a bit higher .

Other thoughts and comment welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

And still has some of the gold wash on the Swaz it appears.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback, it has been a fair while since I have owned one, so a bit rusty on what to look for
    with the originals....

?

Looks like a good Eickhorn Bob.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks Rossi....

Nice detail on the crossguard Oak leaves and acorn caps. a great looking dagger! Regards,Geoff

Thank you Geoff....

Cheers

Bob

Hi, in my opinion dagger is not correct. At first, Eickhorn never used white grip on his 2nd. model Luftwaffe daggers (exept ivory), and next Eickhor never used this tipe of grip wire. In other had, all other parts are textbook Eickhorn...

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi, in my opinion dagger is not correct. At first, Eickhorn never used white grip on his 2nd. model Luftwaffe daggers (exept ivory), and next Eickhor never used this tipe of grip wire. In other had, all other parts are textbook Eickhorn...
    Thanks for the additional info Peter, what do you think about the grips, are they wartime replaced possibly, or is it simply a parts dagger put together post-war ??

Best wishes

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast