Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Borddolch first model by Horster

Article about: This beautiful Luftwaffe dagger i bought today. Its an early first model Luftwaffe dagger by Holler with nickel silver fittings. Holler is the only maker that used this kind of gripwire on t

?

Default Luftwaffe Borddolch first model by Horster

This beautiful Luftwaffe dagger i bought today.
    Its an early first model Luftwaffe dagger by Holler with nickel silver fittings.
    Holler is the only maker that used this kind of gripwire on the 1st model, normally they used the twisted wire.
    It has a great blade and the leather parts are still nice!
    It still has some parts left of the original factory finish on the crossguard and parts of the nickel fittings!
    Enjoy the pictures
    Luftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by HorsterLuftwaffe Borddolch first model by Horster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Borddolch first model by Horster
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Borddolch first model by Horster

What a nice dagger! :-)

That one really is a beauty - Congrats......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Absolutely stunning!! The blade is a screamer along with the logo being highly detailed,, you can count all the digits in the thermometer. Personal preference for me as i like the nickel silver fittings the best as the Swas`s still have some gilting left. Im not a fan of anything aluminum although they are still attractive. A nice solid example. Great photos by the way. The chain could stand a cleaning up as these ringlets are minute` but would be worth the effort as it would be matching with the rest of the dagger..OR ...leave it as is. Your choice. Its getting hard to find early 1st Lufts with nice blades. Regards Larry

?

Thank you Gents for the nice reply's!

Larry what would be a proper way to clean the chain?
    I always used to leave them as they are.

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Gerrit,, its your choice if you want to clean the chain,, use simi-chrome also,, it might be time consuming but link by link is the only way. Small cloth would be sufficient IMO. I never had to do this,, but I would like to hear from others how .....if there is a better way for this to be done. I know there are some Luft collectors here that would be a better advisor on the links.

?

Congrats gerrit, nice 1st Model luft dagger