Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe dagger display help.

Article about: I have a luft dagger in nice cond.any suggestions on how to display this one,the ss guys helped me with my ss.Would this blue back ground work for these?The metal breast eagle with luft dagg

Default Luftwaffe dagger display help.

I have a luft dagger in nice cond.any suggestions on how to display this one,the ss guys helped me with my ss.Would this blue back ground work for these?The metal breast eagle with luft dagger is an original by Assman,dagger has no maker.Also a gravity knife by SMF with a Goering cap eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger display help.   Luftwaffe dagger display help.  

Luftwaffe dagger display help.   Luftwaffe dagger display help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger display help.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Hard to see the exact color as the photos seem washed out.

I would display this dagger vertically with the scabbard by the side in either a royal blue or something close to the Luft Blue/Grey uniform color. My preference would be Royal Blue. I think it would accent the aluminum and steel parts well.

I think the long thin profile of these daggers look better displayed vertically than on an angle.

A nice padded background with some thin clear fishing string to hold the dagger in place too.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I think a nice Portepee would add to the display of this Lufty. I would also go with the vertical hang
    I like the breast eagle

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys,need a portepee,for the luft.The breast eagle was a strange find,friend of mine came over to my house,he had this pinned to his coat.I asked where he got it and he said he was drinking with an old ww2 vet and he gave it to him.I asked if he would take 20.00 for it and he said sure.True story,anyway the blue cloth is like in the gravity knife pic,a deep light blue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger display help.   Luftwaffe dagger display help.  

?

Imo you have to complete the set first
    find a hanger and portepee
    then frame them 45 degrees in a wooden display box.
    you can use the corners for the eagle or a nice luft award or shoulderboards.

Ger

I use almost a Lufty blue in my large display case. I like that its kind of a neutral
    tone and displays the different blades and handles without over powering them.

I still need a Luft dagger to put in it
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe dagger display help. 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Well Greg ,
    It looks like you took care of the Horizontal or Vertical question with that display.
    Lookin Good!

Semper Fi
    Phil!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well Greg ,
    It looks like you took care of the Horizontal or Vertical question with that display.
    Lookin Good!

Semper Fi
    Phil!
    My wife hates that display because it takes up a good chunk of our bedroom wall.
    But as I've had to remind her a few times. It was there before she was.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Here are two of my luft displays. Just to give you some ideas.

Regards
    Danny

WOW Danny !!!!! ......Minty
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast