Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

Article about: Hello Folks, Another day and another probable fake to present for your inspection. Please do not think I am spamming this forum with a myriad of fake German daggers. If the site admin say en

Default Re: Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

Thanks for the information folks. Isn’t it bizarre how the manufacturers of these copies go to such extraordinary lengths to provide convincing fakes but then make schoolboy errors of getting the stamp wrong?

I am so pleased I did not purchase a German panzer crew tunic from a militaria fair at the wartime weekend at the East Lancashire Steam Railway a few years back. I was on the verge of going to the bank to draw out £1100 to buy it but I had a nagging doubt and in the end decided against. I bet the seller was gutted if it was fake as I would have been the ideal ‘mug punter’ to palm off a fake on to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

The mistake of "Berlin" as opposed to the correct location of Solingen was often down to stop them getting sued as some of these business' were at the time still operating.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: You may have had a very narrow escape!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2