Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Dagger question

Article about: I was looking at an online auction site - not ebay or gunbid or anything like that and I came across this. Have you ever seen a dagger marked like this> I am new to this, but why would th

?

Default Luftwaffe Dagger question

I was looking at an online auction site - not ebay or gunbid or anything like that and I came across this. Have you ever seen a dagger marked like this> I am new to this, but why would the makers marks say "Germany"? Is this just a fake?

HERE IS THE LISTING -
    GERMAN LUFTWAFFE OFFICERS DAGGER, C1939, L 10" BLADE:stamped "Solingen 1939" and "Germany" on blade. Cast aluminum guard and pommel. Wire wrapped faux ivory grip. Non matching leather scabbard;

Condition report
    not original scabbard, otherwise good condition, GA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Dagger question   Luftwaffe Dagger question  

Luftwaffe Dagger question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Dagger question

Fake sorry ............Scabbard should be alloy metal, handle very rarely ivory, usually celliod plastic......oh too much to list, and...........

Germans have this whimsical way of spelling their country....they spell it Deutschland

This is a fairly early parts repro made in Germany as souvenirs for Allied troops. The same company also produced SA daggers.

Cheers, Ade.

The grip is horrid. However I believe they were sometimes, though rarely made from galalith (Milk) which was unstable but cheap to mould.
    Could this be one of those handles.
    You could try the hot needle test on an inconspicuous area?

?

made in Germany - for export to the U.S.,, mabye even made in China?

ntvinh986
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Fake sorry ............Scabbard should be alloy metal, handle very rarely ivory, usually celliod plastic......oh too much to list, and...........

Germans have this whimsical way of spelling their country....they spell it Deutschland
    Can you give some more samples? How great your info is! It really useful for me. Thanks.