Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?

Article about: If anyone knows a REPUTABLE dealer in Nazi swords and daggers please feel free to let me know. I still wish to purchase a REAL collectible for the hubby. Again, thank you all!!! In case you

Default Re: Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?

If anyone knows a REPUTABLE dealer in Nazi swords and daggers please feel free to let me know. I still wish to purchase a REAL collectible for the hubby. Again, thank you all!!!
    In case you were curious I PAID $700.00 USD for this thing...... but since I have a great bank and fast fingers I was able to stop payment on the check.
    from Barbara Allen
    Last edited by Jon Allen; 12-05-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: additional information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?
    P
    Many

I'd be curious to see what's inside that grip. If one were to gently remove the pommel cap, it might reveal some interesting things about the dagger itself.

John-
    There's alot of dealers who are honest and reputable. Some charge sky high prices, while others are a bit more in the ozone layer. Paul Hogle is always a good guy and less expensive than others. The 2 Toms are reputable, but you'd pay out the nose. Bill Shea has a good rep. There's alot. I don't want to go into too much detail as it most likely would constitute a violation of the COC- but you can PM some edged weapons guys around here and they can get you set up with some good dealers. Also- alot of sellers on the forums are solid, honest guys- you just need to check them out first.

T

?

Quote by Andrew View Post
    hi folks,
    it was my understanding that these BA marked daggers were assembled at the end of the war from ORIGINAL parts for the most part, untill they ran out. like with the SA daggers getting a plastic grip on otherwise original parts. some later BA dagger and sword parts were made the original way, in the original factories, i believe it was an american officer started the process. GI's wanted daggers!! the term fake is not really
    accurate. most are original parts, just assembled later, and marked as such. i my self dont collect them, but they are a historical item unlike out right reproduction daggers with no original parts or history. it is true they are not a issued item or assembled pre 45, for what thats worth.
    Andrew, how nice to see you back in our ranks. Do post a little more often. And, I agree the dagger is poet war. Germany on a blade is never good for a war time piece.

Regards

Unscrewed the pommel cap and there is nothing under it or on the metal under the handle. As soon as this situation is resolved I will be purchasing my husband a real dagger. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I think any blade that has ''Germany "' stamped on it would be a dead giveaway as a post war repo.

Jon, its not a fake. These daggers marked as yours were made after VE. Put together from parts and stamped as yours for GI's to take home. has value, but not as a pre may45 item!

Joe

Who is old enough to remember Unique Imports of Virginian? I have one of their catalogs from around 1976 - about two years after I started collecting. I bought some junk from them but also some halfway decent items. Anyway, they have a page of "3rd Reich edged weapons" in the catalog listed with the following statement: "Most of these daggers were assembled after the war from remaining stocks of surplus parts. In instances where all of the original component parts were unavailable the required parts were completed from war time dies." They listed a Luftwaffe dagger for $99.95. I never bought any of them. I did purchase a re-issued helmet from them that was a re-painted Norwegian example. It still had the Norwegian decal under the paint. I can post some photos from this catalog if that would be beneficial to folks on the list. The repro or reconstituted items they sold are now about 35 years old and looking aged. NH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2