Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Article about: Hello Larry, this sword was find in trash, but by homeless person, not direct me. I always like to look at trash and junkyard - and I find a lot of interesting and believe me - valuable thin

Default Luftwaffe daggers collection

Hello dear friends, here is another part of my collection - Luftwaffe daggers. I always admire brave knights of the sky, so that is why I add some Luftwaffe dagger into my collection. Here where I live was Luftwaffe airfield during WWII, so daggers are also nice add to history of my region. Here is first - 2nd. model Luftwaffe dagger by W.K.C produced early in the period. Pommel is typical for this producer, but crossguard is less frequently seen, and I considered it as a very hard to find. Scabbard is typical W.K.C. Hope you enjoy photos and dagger. Regards Peter

I added my last Luftwaffe dagger, which I purchased from Germany. So here are list of all daggers in my thread:

Post 1. Early type 1. WKC 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 6. Aluminum Carl Eickhorn 1st model Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 8. 4th type marker mark Alcoso 2nd Luftwaffe dagger, generic
    Post 15. stamped marker mark Carl Eickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 16. Unmarked generic, 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 18. Late war Alexander Werke, 2nd Luftwaffe dagger (WKC fittings)
    Post 19. Aluminum Luftwaffe Sword, SMF
    Post 38. Early Alcoso 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 43. Late war Horster 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 45. Aluminum SMF 1st model Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 48. Early type 1. WKC 2nd Luftwaffe dagger (springy wire)
    Post 49. stamped marker mark Carl Eickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe dagger, (generic)
    Post 53. Late war, 2nd type marker mark, Carl Gustav Spitzer Early type 1. WKC 2nd Luftwaffe dagger
    Post 57. Late war, unnown producer, 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Last edited by Larry C; 10-18-2017 at 10:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe daggers collection
    P
    Many

?

Very nice and minty WKC! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Dean, thanks for your kind comment. I like WKC dagger because of its quality, but from this company I have only this one. This is the best early LW dagger which I already have.

?

Yes, it's very nicely detailed and plated. I also like this maker. The portapees are often in rough condition on these daggers. The scabbard is very nice too, no dents and fine finish.All you need now is the hanger!
    I like the second model lufty's but I still have a first model on my list

If this is going to be anything like the Army dagger thread that you illustriously spoiled us with......I am looking forward to the Luftwaffe version...Bring it on!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello friends, here is another Luftwaffe dagger from my collection. It si very nice aluminium 1st. model Luftwaffe dagger made by Carl Eickhorn. Dagger is very nice, but shows a lot of usage during the period, because gilding on pommel is almost worn of. But this dagger is still nice. Hope you like photos! Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Good stuff
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello to all! Dear friends thanks for your kind comments. I don´t have so many Luftwaffe daggers, because I focus on Wehrmacht daggers. But sometimes you have chance to acquire some nice items, so that is why I show you now these beautiful items. I hope you enjoy them! So, next dagger is very nice war produced Alcoso example with all generic parts - dagger is authentic non-partial and never been cleaned or took apart. Blade is marked "ACS" and next to the scales is title "Alcoso" and below that is "SOLINGEN". I like generic parts, especially that one!

Hi Peter its not the quantity that you have but the quality of photos that are proving very useful in detail for the collector to identify the differences. The pebbling on the 2nd Luftwaffe dagger is outstanding amongst the other detailed areas of your photos! Great work
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nothing more that I can add, but Very nice Luftwaffe's! Just the way we like to see them! Unmessed with!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast