Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE - Please Help with any information

Article about: Hi, A friend of mine is selling this gravity knife. I would like to know more information about it. What is the maker? Does it look to have been sharpened - value damaged?

Default LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE - Please Help with any information

Hi,
    A friend of mine is selling this gravity knife.
    I would like to know more information about it.
    What is the maker?
    Does it look to have been sharpened - value damaged?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE  - Please Help with any information   LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE  - Please Help with any information  

LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE  - Please Help with any information  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LUFTWAFFE GRAVITY KNIFE  - Please Help with any information
    P
    Many

This link might provide some info as I am not sure. Looks sharpened to me. Does it function properly? Is there any history behind it?

The Reichsbetriebsnummer RB numbering system.

John

Yes it functions properly.
    I thought it was sharpened but was not 100% sure.
    It is a vet bring back.
    I have seen them offered for $400-$700 but I am wondering how much the sharpening de-values the knife.

We collectors are a funny lot - a soldier sharpens his knife during the war ( possibly in the field ) and we consider it less valuable........ but never used and we love it!!??
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's a good one. From the R.B.Nr code we know the maker is Paul Weyersberg of Solingen. Bayonets should not be sharpened, that was regulation. A pocket knife was a tool and common sense would tell you soldiers would sharpen them. Collectors sometimes don't recognize common sense.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    We collectors are a funny lot - a soldier sharpens his knife during the war ( possibly in the field ) and we consider it less valuable........ but never used and we love it!!??
    Quote by Anderson View Post
    ..... A pocket knife was a tool and common sense would tell you soldiers would sharpen them. Collectors sometimes don't recognize common sense.
    +1

A wartime used example holds much more appeal to me. You know it was "there". But different strokes for different folks.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice original as stated looks like the take down model? timothy

Thank you all for your replies and help.

My friend offered to sell me the knife.
    He is asking $350 for it.
    I have seen them on dealer sites go from upwards of $750 to $425 on the low end.
    I am wondering if based on the condition $350 would be reasonable.

Seems fair to me. The wood grips appear unscratched or dented.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast