Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Machete

Article about: This looks like a good one (they have been reproduced) I think that the fabric/web frog could possibly be a little misleading. With the machetes a part of a bomber survival kit circa 1942. A

Default Luftwaffe Machete

so what are your thoughts on this beauty? It is being sold as a Afrika Korps Luftwaffe Machete and seller claims the blade appears to be speckled with blood, no way!!!!! maybe it was used to kill a camel? LOL funny I never saw this model in any of the TR edged weapon books I own, must be a rare one, oh and if I told you the price you would fall off your chairs!
    Luftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe Machete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Machete
    P
    Many

Default Re: "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

This is a neat item which may have potential,,but not the story! The makers logo looks a little worn and may be a real item,,but like you said,,there is not enough documentation to support it. I am not liking the "S" shaped crossguard on it for being a German machete. Strange but neat knife.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    so what are your thoughts on this beauty? It is being sold as a Afrika Korps Luftwaffe Machete and seller claims the blade appears to be speckled with blood, no way!!!!! maybe it was used to kill a camel? LOL funny I never saw this model in any of the TR edged weapon books I own, must be a rare one, oh and if I told you the price you would fall off your chairs!
    Luftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe MacheteLuftwaffe Machete
    Well Maximus you hit the Jackpot!!
    This is an original Luftwaffe Machete, they are commenly found with a brass crossguard, but also with steel crossguards with or without a saw on the ridge.
    They are very expensive 2500->3500 dollars,
    Man this item should not be posted here, its a great original one!

Post it in the general dagger section, i love it

Cheers and congratz!
    Ger

DARN i just re read the post and see its not yours, what a pity

Default Re: Luftwaffe Machete

Thanks Gerrit for your insight..posts have been moved to the general forum. Congrats Max
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oh, very rare and with the web part!!!

I agree, this is a nice and original seldom seen Luftwaffe machete.
    Too bad it is not yours.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Wow, well I must say guys that I am shocked, I never heard of something like this so I was very skeptical, shows you what a newbie I really am lol is there any mention of this machete in any reference books? I did a quick online search and found more info, I just figured it was a bad frankenstein worthy of discussion and here its the real deal, gotta love this hobby, I dont know if I should feel smart for asking about it or feel stupid for thinking it was fake fantasy art lol and gerrit is dead on about the price, 3k for this one but I am still going to pass, but I know larry has some extra room in that dispay case of his!
    Luftwaffe Machete

Look in the bender.....

?

Now that is something you don't see every day a very cool item and IMO would look awesome displayed in a nice shadow box with some DAK items.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast