Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luftwaffe marked drass bayonet frog ??

Article about: EAT YOUR CARROTS ... thats what mom always said

Default Re: Luftwaffe marked drass bayonet frog ??

EAT YOUR CARROTS ... thats what mom always said

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What about dusting a bit of talc on it? Surely it wouldn't hurt and may help show up the letters/numbers that do appear to be present.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lighting can be very valuable in determining just what is taking place with an item, but there have been many times when getting the correct values for digital photography can be a problem. There are Luftwaffe school marked frogs, but those that I’ve seen have been for the SG 84/98 and were L.B.A. (S) marked with the “Sch.” portion appended to the school identifier. And they have all been brown in color, which is normally what would be expected for a unit marked Luftwaffe frog. With the black dress frog here appearing to have the normal age/crazing of a period frog. But with a large portion of the leather in the immediate area of the marking having a somewhat flattened/smoother appearance. Which could possibly be just something of a lighting issue, but certainly an item of interest for an “in hand” examination. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dress frog marking.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	497753  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12