Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe parade bayonet for sale, what is a fair price?

Article about: I know a little bit about German knives and I buy a lot of WWII stuff. A local lady contacted me saying she had a Knive her Grandpa brought back and wanted to sell to me. Looking at it, it i

Default Luftwaffe parade bayonet for sale, what is a fair price?

I know a little bit about German knives and I buy a lot of WWII stuff. A local lady contacted me saying she had a Knive her Grandpa brought back and wanted to sell to me.

Looking at it, it is a Puma marked non-etched K98 bayonet with stag grips, and the brown frog.

I know the lady and I know she is hurting for money so I want to give her fair market value for it. i.e. I don't want to rip her off.

I have no idea what it is worth. I know the regular dress bayonets run usually $100 to $200 depending on condition and what is all there. Are the Luftwaffe's worth more?

So I know it's hard without pics, but the blade is in great shape, paint on sheath is great, and the frog is very nice as well. I would rate it overall a 95% knife. I doubt it was really ever used.

Any guesses to value would be appreciated, just a rough range. I tried researching it, but could not find a puma with stag grips in a brown frog I could compare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe parade bayonet for sale, what is a fair price?
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe parade bayonet for sale, what is a fair price?

Why do you think it is a Luft bayonet? Dagger/Bayonet/Knife all mean specific things to collectors so be sure you use the right terminology for your item, a Luft dagger is worth a pile more than a bayonet

For your stag handled bayonet I'd say $200/250 if it is minty with a frog. Price is always what you are comfortable with though.

Here is the bayonet. I called her and had her bring it over so I could take a pic of it. I think all brown frogs are Luftwaffe right?

The blad looks great. What do you guys think?

$200 would be fair enough for both parties, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It's a really nice one I'm not so in depth with edged weapons to confirm the thing about brown frogs for you I'm afraid.

I agree with Steve- a couple hundred dollars is a decent price for both parties. It's a nice bayonet!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Luftwaffe parade bayonet for sale, what is a fair price?

Looks like the small screw at the top/front of the scabbard is missing. I't will bring down the price a little bit...