Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.

Article about: Its 100% genuine, just not long enough for me to want but in nice condition anyway. The logo's 100% with the 'Lazy man' style punch as usual. The stick bird is usually seen on the earlier ni

Default Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.

I recently purchased this sword sight unseen for a good price but not a steal by any means. The condition is so good, it is almost hard to believe. I don't think it's a fake but, it is so perfect it almost looks fake. The leather color is a dark blue. I also don't recognize the blade manufacturer's markings. Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.
    Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.
    P
    Many

?

I see a bunch of differences in the one I have photos of. However, as we all know - there are differences in makers. Cant remember which maker this one was?... Your "top end" looks rather big, and of course differences in swaz types... I cant confirm yours, others with more experience............step in...Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.

?

Welcome Motormed

What you show here is an amazing genuine mint ALU luftwaffe sword
    It shows all the features of an original Helbig sword, the double gripwire, the sunwheel inset its all there!
    This one has just left the timecapsule.
    In this condition very hard to find!

Congratz on this beauty, and i have no doubt that this is an original WW2 Helbig Sword.

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi MotorMed..welcome to the forum! Interesting sword which has Aluminum fittings..but not sure if Helbig made swords with these type of fittings. I am looking at the ovcerall condition of the sword as I feel everything is genuine about it..but would I would request a few more opinions on the maker itself and the use of these parts. No disrespect Ger ..... I see a sword with an almost emaculate outer appearance but the blade looks to be rather worn,, aged and loss of plating in some spots. I would think the buffer as new as that looks would of preserved the blade a bit better. Something else hidden from sight due to the blade age ...is there a waffen amt mark above the logo? I do not see this which should be there... as early as this blade appears.

The logo looks to be the early Helbig type which were known to have been struck light lightly on there 1st Luftwaffe daggers and swords. Comparing the swaz sunwheel on the crossguard to other makers..this example has the legs almost touching the swastika back. This Im not sure of with this maker..but needs to be cautiously approached approached. Below are few pics for comparison ..of an Eickhorn early fitting type...EFHorster aluminum and a Paul Weyersburg aluminum. I would like to hear the opinions of the Luft gents here and their thoughts on the Helbig maker. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.   Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.  

Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Np Larry, the more opinions the better
    Here is a Helbig Alu from Thomas Johnson to compare
    Cheers Ger
    Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.

Good one Ger...this is what I was looking for. Thanx Great support

but that blade is a little left to be desired..still not sure of it because of the condition if it even belongs to the sword itself
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think once the sword blade has been cleaned ASAP of those horrid and potentially damaging finger prints a much better view can be given.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thx larry

but about the blade, i think its pretty good, what looks a bit like aging is imo some residu of cosmoline.
    I think when the residu is taking of the blade it will be great underneath.
    Easiest way to get rid of this is to heat the blade with a heardryer as hot as possible, then it will drop off

Cheers,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Luftwaffe Sword condition is almost too good to be true.Thank you for all the responses! There is no corrosion on the blade but rather waxy spots or some dried up lubricant. I am hesitant to clean the blade if this lubricant was from the manufacturer. There is a good amount of removal scratches on the blade. There is a mark strike above the logo. It is very faint picture attached.

?

The mark looks like a stick bird, an german airforce acceptance mark, so called WaffenAmt marking.
    The wax thats on the blade is no factory wax, its more likely a cosmoline preserving wax.
    Lots of Vet's did that to prevent the blade from ageing.
    Clean the blade as i advised you, please DO NOT polish it off, you then will damage the top layer of the blade.
    Heat it with a hairdryer and whipe it clean with a soft cloth, after that seal it with renwax.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast