Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition

Article about: Wow that one is a beauty, I would love to have one of these to complete my lufty collection, all the ones I have seen are always over 1000US, you may be paying top retail at 1450 but then ag

Smile Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition

Hi again,

2nd thread now...

This sword is offered from a dealer. I find the condition excellent, almost too good to be true.
    Please give me your thoughts. It has been in the same family since the late 50s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition   Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition  

Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition   Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition  

Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Sword - excellent condition
    P
    Many

I do not specialize in Luft daggers and swords but, I don't see any red flags in either of the items that you have posted. Condition is not always a sign of authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

looks fine to me.

I don't either, but I am not an expert. The condition is better than most I have seen. Does anyone see anything on the sword that is "fake warning"?

I would also like to add that the quality of Tiger made pieces is always desireable.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm no expert either, but the Tiger logo looks like a good example of the second type of six that they used for their daggers. I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm no expert either, but the Tiger logo looks like a good example of the second type of six that they used for their daggers. I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Big Ned,
    I see u live in England. What would this sword cost appr. in England? My guess for Germany (after looking in the German shops) would be 1500 euro. What do u think?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would also like to add that the quality of Tiger made pieces is always desireable.
    Ralph.
    Same question for u Ralph, What do u think about the price? I reckon the prices in Canada are lower than Germany / Europe.

?

Hi Chris,
    The sword you show is an original piece with aluminum fittings. This is the later type of this model. The earlier types have nickel-silver fittings and are considered more desirable by most collectors. I think 1500 euro is too much for an aluminum piece. Maybe some dealers ask these kind of prices but if you are patient you can buy a nickel silver example in excellent shape from another collector for less money.

Danny

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Hi Chris,
    The sword you show is an original piece with aluminum fittings. This is the later type of this model. The earlier types have nickel-silver fittings and are considered more desirable by most collectors. I think 1500 euro is too much for an aluminum piece. Maybe some dealers ask these kind of prices but if you are patient you can buy a nickel silver example in excellent shape from another collector for less money.

Danny
    Thanks Danny.
    I have offered 1100 euro (1450 USD). I don't think that's too much for this piece. Don't u agree? I live in Europe, just so u know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast