Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

Article about: The LW 2 Sword turned out to be a dagger! I guess the ww 2 vet I bought it from was a little confused. But it is a nice one! There are two knots with it. One is a little bit larger than the

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

The LW 2 Sword turned out to be a dagger! I guess the ww 2 vet I bought it from was a little confused. But it is a nice one! There are two knots with it. One is a little bit larger than the other. Any ideas if EITHER of them would go with this dagger - correctly? Any offers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer   LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer  

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default re: LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

I was wondering about the color of the handle, too. I am confidant that this dagger was not fooled around with. Other dagger handles I've seen are darker orange than mine. Is it faded? Or did it just not change to a darker color? Did you notice the deluxe hanger?

Default Re: LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

Hi Bob, nice dagger!

The blade has been taken out at some point in time, as the makers mark should be on the reverse of the dagger. With care you can unscrew the pommel and turn the blade around, just be VERY careful when screwing it back on not to over tighten.

The grip come in either orange or white. These were just options for the buyer. However some white grips do discolour over time.

The correct knot will be 23cm long.

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

Hi Bob

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The blade has been taken out at some point in time, as the makers mark should be on the reverse of the dagger.
    Indeed, the makers mark should be on the other side.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    just be VERY careful when screwing it back on not to over tighten.
    If you would decide to turn the blade to it's right position keep in mind Ade's advice, it wouldn't be the first dagger that would get damaged this way...

Otherwise this seems to be a very collectable dagger, congratulations...

Greetz

Nick VR

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer

Thanks for info. I reversed the hilt. It was not tight before I started, and it is not tight now. Is that ok, or is there some kind of shim I can use. I DEFINITELY do not want to try to turn it another 180o! The blade is superb! Just a little skuffing from in and out of the scabbard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW 2 Dagger by Spitzer  

here is a rare maker we dont see too often for 2nd Lufts
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

NICE clean one there Wuerstenfuchs! Lesser seen maker too. Show us the portopee's in thier own pic and we will tell you what we can.. Kevin.

Hi Kevin is it my imagination or does that blade appear to be very long?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It may have grown abit in the 6 years since the nonreturning "Guest" OP posted it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Larry, I think its good to go..I have never seen a fake Spitzer Luft blade and quality looks great. Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast