Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF

Article about: This dagger is a textbook SMF with its typical inside throatscrews on the scabbard and the best looking LW eagles of the 2nd Pattern, the generic Eagles look more like dead turkeys. The grip

?

Default LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF

This dagger is a textbook SMF with its typical inside throatscrews on the scabbard and the best looking LW eagle of the 2nd Pattern, the generic Eagles look more like a dead Turkey
    The grip is the eyecatcher on this one with its springly wire and lovely colour.
    The blade is looking weird, first i thought it has been sanded but after examen it closely i found out it has a thick hard layer of dried grease/oil.
    I used some aceton and beneath it the chrome blade just looks great, it will be hard labour to clean it but its well worth it!
    I need to find out what will be the best way to clean it.
    The portepee is a nice one and the late war hangers seems to have the ersatz/replacement material straps, on the back still blue, but on the front side it lost its colour, and turned to almost greyish/brown, one clip has been replaced and has a totally different patina.
    Enjoy this set.
    Ger
    LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF
    Last edited by gerrit; 05-13-2015 at 11:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF
    P
    Many

stellar!

?

That's a very nice textbook piece. As you said it's one of the best eagle-designs out there. The dark orange grip looks really great. Great find

Danny

?

SMF without a doubt is my favorite maker of 2nd model Lufts. With full gilt, they are absolutely stunning edged weapons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF   LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF  

LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF   LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF  

?

Thx for the reply's gents!
    JR lovely example, easy to see that they are twins, yours is mint!!

Ger

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    SMF without a doubt is my favorite maker of 2nd model Lufts. With full gilt, they are absolutely stunning edged weapons.
    I could not have said it better. Here's mine.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF   LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF  

LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF   LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF  

?

Have had many of them over the years, and am always on the look out for the nice ones.

- - ------- - -

Fantastic example, Danny!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF  

beautiful Luftwaffe daggers.

Absolutely stunning examples, all of them ,Cheers Paul

Really nice examples shown here by all! Here is mine....

LW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMFLW 2nd pattern Dagger by SMF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast