Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW sword David Malsch.

Article about: Hello, I am planning to buy a new LW sword to my collection, i think it looks good, i dont see David malsch swords that often and its one i dont have from the well known producers of this gr

Default LW sword David Malsch.

Hello,

I am planning to buy a new LW sword to my collection, i think it looks good, i dont see
    David malsch swords that often and its one i dont have from the well known producers of this great swords. This one is up for sale and it also include the
    DRGM Marked Double Hangers which you dont see very often, i emailed the dealer for more pictures
    i dont think this pics are good enough. but i would apriciate all opinions on this sword.

Best regards Tobias

LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW sword David Malsch.
    P
    Many

From what I can see in the images it looks like a good government (Luftwaffe) issue sword to me. Best Regards, Fred

Thanks Fred!! yeah and hanger is a great bonus aswell! maybe i will pull the trigger and buy this!

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Thanks Fred!! yeah and hanger is a great bonus aswell! maybe i will pull the trigger and buy this!
    Tobias, While I think that this is an original sword and the hanger is a not often seen bonus, for myself I would very likely not go overboard personally in what I would pay for it. And that's because the (not very good quality IMO) images do appear to show some damaged leather, and possibly some other condition issues that might later on affect the resale/trade value. Best Regards, Fred

Fred! i agree the hanger is in poor condition, but still i think they sell for around 150-300 $ i only got one tear drop hanger in my collection that came with my SMF alu sword, so i always check to add hangers but they are quite expensive!

Cheers!

Yes some condition issues with the sword, a bit of plating lift on the blade evidently. The hanger is a bonus, but need to discount price you pay for condition.

Nice space filler for your growing sword collection Tobias....until maybe a better example comes along..but for now as you say...hard to find producer.

Congrats
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Fred! i agree the hanger is in poor condition, but still i think they sell for around 150-300 $ i only got one tear drop hanger in my collection that came with my SMF alu sword, so i always check to add hangers but they are quite expensive!

Cheers!
    They are quite expensive if they are complete and not like this one.
    It misses on top the beltstrap and that one is replaced by a clip, thats not how its left the plant, so to me the hanger is not a true bonus.
    Besides that it hangs upside down LOL
    Even Malsch swords are encountered every now and then so no need to rush there.

Quality buys and sells! never forget that.
    I would find me a better one if you want my advise.

Cheers
    Ger
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    They are quite expensive if they are complete and not like this one.
    It misses on top the beltstrap and that one is replaced by a clip, thats not how its left the plant, so to me the hanger is not a true bonus.
    Besides that it hangs upside down LOL
    Even Malsch swords are encountered every now and then so no need to rush there.

Quality buys and sells! never forget that.
    I would find me a better one if you want my advise.

Cheers
    Ger
    Ger, Your observations are spot on, and Thank You for posting them. Also my compliments on your really nice hangers. Something that I confess I've mostly neglected as I'm not really into uniforms, and for a number of my swords many of them were either saddle mounted and/or just not available. Best Regards, Fred

Thank you all for opinions on this sword, Gerrit do you know if the tear drop hangers where the same to nickel/silver and Alu LW swords? i just guess now but i got one really nice tear drop hanger to my SMF alu sword and is the darker/black hanger, was the more blue hangers you posted to the nickel silver? i will wait for a better David Malsch.

LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.
    LW sword David Malsch.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast