Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW Sword Marker Rarity question

Article about: Dear friends i have a question about rarity of LW Sword producers..any ideas which are common ,and the rarer one. reagards tom

Default LW Sword Marker Rarity question

Dear friends

i have a question about rarity of LW Sword producers..any ideas which are common ,and the rarer one.

reagards tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Sword Marker Rarity question
    P
    Many

Well SMF produced the most. Theres a few weyersberg, david malsh, horster, eickhorn, helbig around though.

Rarest maybe alcoso? If you want to go silly rare then a Paul Muller version with Damascus blade.

Hope that helps, matty

How about WKC Waffenfabrik? Middle Field Ranking ?

Thank You Tom

Forget about that one. 😉

Yes very nice, not often seen.

Quote by matty01 View Post
    Well SMF produced the most. Theres a few weyersberg, david malsh, horster, eickhorn, helbig around though.

Rarest maybe alcoso? If you want to go silly rare then a Paul Muller version with Damascus blade.

Hope that helps, matty
    SMF was IMO what we might now call a "primary contractor" to the Luftwaffe. And while Müller could have made some Damascus blades before he was contractually obligated to Himmler and the SS, is there some way we can tell his legitimate TR period blade making versus his well documented postwar blade making? Best Regards, Fred

Hi Fred, the really answer to your question is no. The only thing which seems to alter is the trademark and the lack of tang markings on the postwar examples.

However, looks like Mr/Sir Graig Gottlieb has sold one at some point which I thought looked pretty good.
    Damascus Luftwaffe Sword, Paul Muller

The other Damascus Luftwaffe I know which is still for sale is here:
    Wittmann Militaria #33823C Early Luftwaffe Officer's Sword with Damascus Blade

I wouldn't mind owning Tom wittmans to be honest looks a nice example.

best matty

Mattty a few pics if you may....before Toms listing disappears.

Front, back..close up of the grip and crossguard and producer logo. Thanks
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I wont go over mad with photos Larry as I haven't asked tom's permission but here is a general gest.

LW Sword Marker Rarity questionLW Sword Marker Rarity question

In my opinion the EPACK is pretty rare

Quote by matty01 View Post
    I wont go over mad with photos Larry as I haven't asked tom's permission but here is a general gest.
    Hi Matty ..let me handle the fallout if any . Links will die eventually and the thread useless as you know. I do appreciate that you are respectful regarding Tom.
    But history and visible fact are a must

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast