MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife

Article about: Hi guys, looking to buy this gravity knife, looks ok to me, in regards to this maker, is it common to often encounter this one?, many thanks

Default Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife

Hi guys, looking to buy this gravity knife, looks ok to me, in regards to this maker, is it common to often encounter this one?, many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife   Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife  

Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife   Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

Maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malsch & Ambron Postwar Gravity Knife  

Hi Jamoros are there any Waffen amt markings on the spike ?

Malsch and Ambron is not a known producer of these as it would be very rare if they did produce gravity knives.
    Its why I am asking to see any other markings that comes along with these type Knives.

Moderator Ralph has a keen eye for these knives and could update my observations on the producer type.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Update :

Malsch and Ambron is a producer of these Gravity knives but quite so in rarity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many thanks Larry, just got confirmation from the seller that there are no other markings on the knife besides the maker s mark on the blade, glad to hear that this is a rare knife, will try to get the price down from 600 Euros

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Update :

Malsch and Ambron is a producer of these Gravity knives but quite so in rarity.
    Ni Larry, just to confirm and double check with you, I am just about to proceed with the payment, I understand that you are happy with the knife I posted, besides the fact that this maker did eventually produced these gravity knives?

Hi Jamoros ..although not my area of collecting but I dug into this further .

1. with these type knives I would expect to see some kind of markings such as a stamped arrow on the release button fitting and also a waffen amt marking on the spike
    ( Optionally upon the producer an Rbnr number )

2. Although these are rare a great majority of them are made post war and would explain my point #1.
    your example is void of these markings and usually with these knives those stampings are the first details I look for before studying the rest of the construction.

SMF examples are highly faked and is noticeable in the shape of the Kings nose on the logo .
    For an artifact that I am not too studied on I can not say " go for it " when I had already pointed out the lack of stampings which leaves me unsure. Sorry to be Blunt and I do not want to be mistaken and you lose quite a few hundred dollars due to my few doubts.

I still would like to hear from other FSJ Knife collectors their advanced thoughts on these.
    Hold onto your money for now ...these knives are plentiful to be found. Look for a consistent example of what is authentic on the threads within this sub forum.

Best Regards Larry

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Jamoros ..although not my area of collecting but I dug into this further .

1. with these type knives I would expect to see some kind of markings such as a stamped arrow on the release button fitting and also a waffen amt marking on the spike
    ( Optionally upon the producer an Rbnr number )

2. Although these are rare a great majority of them are made post war and would explain my point #1.
    your example is void of these markings and usually with these knives those stampings are the first details I look for before studying the rest of the construction.

SMF examples are highly faked and is noticeable in the shape of the Kings nose on the logo .
    For an artifact that I am not too studied on I can not say " go for it " when I had already pointed out the lack of stampings which leaves me unsure. Sorry to be Blunt and I do not want to be mistaken and you lose quite a few hundred dollars due to my few doubts.

I still would like to hear from other FSJ Knife collectors their advanced thoughts on these.
    Hold onto your money for now ...these knives are plentiful to be found. Look for a consistent example of what is authentic on the threads within this sub forum.

Best Regards Larry
    Plus adding to the "New in Box" condition would give me pause as this potentially being post war.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Those pins holding the wood grip plates are much larger than usually seen. Whether that's an indication of a refurbishment or normal for this rare maker, I can't say. But I'd want to see pictures of another known example by this maker if I was considering buying.

Lightbulb

I'm not an expert on these by any means, but I've handled a few and have one by another manufacturer. I'm just a little concerned by way the wooden grips seem to mismatch in the photos - it would just give me a pause before laying out E600.-.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast