Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Model 1 luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hello guys, is this a genuine Luftwaffe dagger? Kris. - - Updated - - Dagger is unmarked on the blade. Is that possible with this kind of daggers? K.

?

Default Model 1 luftwaffe dagger

Hello guys, is this a genuine Luftwaffe dagger?

Model 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe daggerModel 1 luftwaffe dagger

Kris.

- - Updated - -

Dagger is unmarked on the blade. Is that possible with this kind of daggers?

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Model 1 luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Model 1 luftwaffe dagger

It is not Luftwaffe it is NSFK.

?

Ohw, oeps...

?

I'm quit sure this is a Luftwaffe dagger 1st model sir!!!

It is a 1st model Luftwaffe dagger,,but the scabbard is missing the blue Morrocan leather covering,,this scabbard should not not painted. This applies to both the 1st Luft and DLV dagger which is slightly longer in overall length .( 55cm ) The NSFK is the shorter version adopted in 1937 ( see below Tom Wittmann example, brown back ground ) and the DLV Flyers knife was adopted in 1934 which is identical in characteristics except the pommel differed in appearance. ( see below GDC example, white back ground ) as the pommel is smaller and tarnished )
    Overall my thoughts on this dagger that you posted is pieced together,, the chain is not consistent with the rest of the aluminum fittings the clip is questionable,, the felt washer should not be red. The scabbard might be genuine but hard to tell as it might of been repainted. IMO I feel that a better example of a 1st Model Luftwaffe would be your best course,, but the final decision is up to you. Check out these links Lakesidetrader ,, and... Tom Wittmann . below are the DLV and NSFK glider pilot knives. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 1 luftwaffe dagger   Model 1 luftwaffe dagger  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry

No problem what so ever,,the only way we learn is through trial and error and man...I made alot of them and still do at times. Keep reading and comparing,,little differences will come to sight.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Seems as though the areas which are supposed to be gilt, ie: the swastikas,
    have been painted over to dress it up. I'll go with Larry and also say
    it's a pieced together dagger.........
    Regards,

Steve.

As was stated, the originals had a blue Moroccan leather on the grip and the scabbard. With the leather on the scabbard obviously missing, and perhaps the grip as well? Being not as certain with the grip (which seems a bit strange IMO) with the lighting making it difficult to be more sure. The lighting also being an issue with the fittings with, as was noted, the gold on the 'Sunwheel' seeming to be just a little too orange on the pommel and possibly painted on. And the fittings possibly polished - removing the anodizing which was how they finished the mid period daggers. With (IMO) a better set of images in sunlight needed to clear up some of the uncertainties and assist in providing a more informed response to what was asked. Best regards to all, Fred

?

Although you didnt mentioned its maker I think it can be identified as a Holler, its the only maker, as far as i know, who used this kind of gripwire {instead of the twisted pair}, on a first model.
    You can compare it with mine:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...orster-191608/

Cheers Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast