Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.

Article about: Hi guys here are some pics of my alcoso 2nd model luft, earlier I posted a thread entitled To clean or not to clean that is the question and this is the dagger I was talking about, I don't h

Default My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.

Hi guys here are some pics of my alcoso 2nd model luft, earlier I posted a thread entitled To clean or not to clean that is the question and this is the dagger I was talking about, I don't have any before pics but here are the after, I hope u like the result which I am very happy with. The dagger is an early 2nd model, 37 to 39 I think and has loads of hand enhancing which I hope you can see in the pics, the scabbard is the typical alcoso narrow rounded type, the crossguard is also a narrower type made by alcoso, the blades got some pitting near the maker mark but not too bad, I really like the bright yellow grip which I tried to highlight on a black background, I hope you like this dagger and can forgive me for cleaning it up a bit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.   My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.  

My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.   My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.  

My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.   My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My cleaned but not overly cleaned alcoso 2nd luft.
    P
    Many

Hi LBM...you have done well and most respectfully cared for the preservation of this dagger. IMO its just enough TLC...where others may disagree. I know I would not want a full bright and shiny brand new minty looking dagger in my collection. The presence of age is most attractive , which speaks History to the beholder.

I still see tons of character and age with your dagger...in some cases a little TLC, upholds its honor from long ago. Great dagger from a Classic producer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nicely done with good care
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks Larry and Rossi for your comments, Larry I too would not want a shiny new looking dagger in my collection and also love the old look that patina gives them, I was a bit worried that I might ruin this look that's why it took me months to decide whether to do it or not but every time I looked at this dagger I was focusing on the rust on the scabbard and wishing I could see more of the detail which I knew was there instead of enjoying it, im glad you think it turned out ok and hopefully never have to do it again or I might have to borrow that stag horn off Rossi.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Larry and rossi. While I myself, would never attempt to clean one, I think you did a fine job.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like to call it light preservation....from this point forward, all you will need to do is periodically wipe and inspect. Even just wiping it down which Rossi would agree...would stop any type of opposite attractants from settling in on any metal surfaces...I wish I could practice this with my age..as no matter what I do..Im getting older Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nicely done. Where I live I need to inspect daggers,bayonets and firearms at least twice a year to keep little pin pricks of rust developing. Around August it can be very humid here in this part of PA.

Thanks guys for your nice comments, glad you didn't send a lynch mob out for me lol.

?

No harm done here A very nice textbook 2nd model Alcoso luft

Danny

?

Those who know me know i dont like that chicken on steroids design of the 2nd Lufts, but this one has character!
    Its a nice one!

Ger