Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)

Article about: I just got my First Luftwaffe Dagger today. I figured I would share. It is a 2nd Model Alcoso maker marked Dagger. Marked with the good ol' mark of Alcoso's "weight-Scales" symbol.

?

Default My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)

I just got my First Luftwaffe Dagger today. I figured I would share. It is a 2nd Model Alcoso maker marked Dagger. Marked with the good ol' mark of Alcoso's "weight-Scales" symbol. Overall it's in great shape. The scabbard is pretty good too, just some light wear which is common with these. Its nice and tight and is ALL original...no mixed parts. I was told This had been sitting in a collection for a very long time with scabbard on...there are 2 small marks on the begging of the blade where the scab was resting for a while, but other than that the blade is really nice w/ crossgrain still and obviously unsharpened. Tip is perfect, not blunted or re-tipped. The portapee is a little freyed on one side of the string....and is set up wrong on the dagger right now, but thats how it came....so i need to change it for display. Overall I am happy with my first luft dagger experience. Hope anyone who collects edged weapons will like it. The dealer was nice enough to throw in a nice padded zippering case too.

My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)
    Last edited by Bill T; 09-03-2010 at 01:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)

man, the eagle looks really bright in the second photo. It has more blackish patina in real life. The flash must have enhanced that a bit. It has been polished at one time or another though, I believe. Ill throw in a shot with it whole in the case too. Now just need some hangers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Luftwaffe Dagger (2nd Model)  

?

I do have one question.....For my combat bayos and stuff I use just regular Gun Oil.....Is there a prefered oil to use for medium to high humidity?? Unfortunately it is pretty humid where I live but I would like to display it out of the scabbard. Thanks guys

?

Very nice dagger!! Iam getting used to this new forum set up,as iam not sure if i like change or not yet..but i do like the luft dagger !

?

haha I here ya on the forum change Pammy. At the bottom left of the page, you can switch the "skins" or graphics of the forum. There are 3 different choices to pick from. It is still tough gettin used to though...def agreed.

P.S. I had to get a lufty after seeing all of yours. I like your voos the best I must say, but this one is only my first. I plan on collecting a 1st model after this

?

Nice dagger, a lot of collectors use Renwax to keep the blades on there daggers
    in good condition.
    If u do search for Renwax im sure there is a lot of imformation on the product.
    Allways nice to see a nice 2nd Luft thanks for showing

Hi, it is a nice original dagger and I am sure the first of many. Just move the knot down the grip and ensure it is placed in the scabbard the right way around.

Do NOT use oil on blades: this can cause greying and get under plating. As Luke says use RenWax. I have talked about this product before and use it myself.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes , thats is what i should get but not sure if iam keeping all of mine as i might have to sell off most badges and daggers ,.

?

thanks for the tip on the RENWAX. I will def get some.

Thanks Ade, i already moved the portapee/knot....that was the first thing i noticed when i got it. lol Also, thanks for noticing.....I do indeed have the scabbard on backwards in the last picture! good eye

Pammy, PM me if you ever decide to sell anything. Thanks!

?

Hi,i sent a pm . I have to down size as i got out of control and am still going to go to my astate auctions as i can get some realy good deals there compaired to paying top dollar ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast