Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my new Luftwaffensword

Article about: dear friends please a look at my new Sword , made by WKC , Newsilver opinions welcome Regards tom

Default my new Luftwaffensword

dear friends
    please a look at my new Sword , made by WKC , Newsilver

opinions welcome

Regards tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new Luftwaffensword   my new Luftwaffensword  

my new Luftwaffensword   my new Luftwaffensword  

my new Luftwaffensword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new Luftwaffensword
    P
    Many

Very nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Nice sword friend.

love it

?

Stunning piece!

Danny

My old hobby, this is a very nice sword, 8 out of 10 points!

Appears someone had painted the fittings white..as it gave the impression of the fittings being plated..which made no sense on an early Nickel Luftwaffe sword.

Examining closer..at the upper scabbard fitting..the white paint left..which in the recesses of the crossguard feathering left me to believe..the white paint was Nickel..and the dark beneath being Pot Metal.

Why someone thought that painting it white would make it look nicer..or the inexperienced thought was the real nickel was absolutely dull.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry i have seen this before with WKC, its the parts remaining of the original silver coating. At most of the swords this coating is polished and gone, this one survived the brasso treatment.

Not contradicting your thoughts...or is the photos playing tricks on my eyes seen in the photo below. Looks like white paint, that someone tried to remove leaving some.

my new Luftwaffensword
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks ike some of that silvering got on the leather hanger on the right ring attachment

my new Luftwaffensword

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast