Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Article about: Hey everyone. I need some advice here. I have an above average DLV Dagger that has a re-wrapped scabbard. SMF Maker. Another local collector wants to do an even trade for this Mint stag hand

Default Re: Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    ................ "Bayonete manufactured by Reddick Enterprises." ............. I hope that i managed to help. Regards Vedran
    A friend of mine who is out of my area that I usually see at some of the larger shows is a high end pistol collector. The last time I saw him he had picked up in a trade a more or less same condition (it was complete and minus noticeable defects like grips that don't fit) HJ knife with another added feature that I don't remember at the moment. Nice looking, but a total postwar fake and 'Reddick' came to mind. But it could very easily have been somebody else - and possibly from where he gets the "stuff" that he sells? FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Not that I doubted any of you, but I also emailed Wayne Techet about the dagger and he was very kind to reply with very good information to verify all of your responses. Total fake. 100%. No doubt. Thank you everyone! I'm about to purchase Wayne's book "German Etched Dress Bayonets" to save myself in the future!

Probably from Solingen manufactories, which have stopped producing dress blads in 1943/1944, to save material, partly because of the war.
    Basically is remained a lot of unfinished parts, that are sold cheaply, after the war.
    Similar was the story with Herr daggers parts.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12