Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help Disassembling a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: I have a Eickhorn luft 2nd model, the handle is loose the only way I can see to tighten is to turn the pommel clock wise . but I cannot do clockwise or anti cloce wise it is frozen .Has anyo

Default Need help Disassembling a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

I have a Eickhorn luft 2nd model, the handle is loose the only way I can see to tighten is to turn the pommel clock wise . but I cannot do clockwise or anti cloce wise it is frozen .Has anyone got a good ideas .
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Default re: Need help Disassembling a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

You are correct the Pommel is on threads it could be stripped threads or sized I would leave as is IMO if you over tighten it the handle it will break!

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-24-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

it is so annoying cause the handle and the cross guard just keeps flopping around because they are so loose ,this is the second eickhorn I have had were the pommel is frozen is this common?

Here is what it looks like and the result of over tightening or dropping it, as I am looking for a handle myself for the one I have bought. Not sure if it is (Common). May be someone knows of a safe lube to use etc ? Eric
    Need help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerNeed help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerNeed help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-24-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spell

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Here is what it looks like and the result of over tighting or dropping it, as I am looking for a handle myself for the one I have bought.
    Eric
    Need help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerNeed help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerNeed help Disassembling  a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    always remmember righty tighty......... lefty loosey,lol/

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Here is what it looks like and the result of over tightening or dropping it, as I am looking for a handle myself for the one I have bought. Not sure if it is (Common). May be someone knows of a safe lube to use etc ? Eric

What is your plan with the broken handle??
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    What is your plan with the broken handle??
    |<
    If you would like the broken one it is yours my friend as soon as I find a replacement.

Eric

Default Re: Need help Disassembling a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

I would like it, thanks.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Unfortunately you dont know what has happened prior to your ownership, it may be that the handle was loose before, therefore someone might have used glue to secure the pommel to the thread already, or it could be seized on with rust, you could try using some WD40 and leaving it for a few hours upside down so that the oil fully penetrates then try to gently unscrew the pommel. If your able to , you can clean up the threads and reapply the pommel, but do not overtighten, a friend of mine tried to tighten the pommel to a Kriegsmarine dagger and it snapped the thread halfway down the shaft because of rust, we had to drill out the threaded part in the pommel, braze metal pieces back together, rethread the shaft because there were stripped threads and add a new thread inside the pommel, it was a nightmare but he's never undone another dagger even if loose

I did try the wd40 nothing ,sad it is a nice dagger shame the handle is a bit loose I may have to live with it have a great chrismas everyone.
    thanks.