Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard

Article about: Hi to everyone! Dear friends, for this time I need your valuable opinion about his Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard. Both seems good to me, pommel has some visible handwork on the top

Question NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard

Hi to everyone!
    Dear friends, for this time I need your valuable opinion about his Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard. Both seems good to me, pommel has some visible handwork on the top - but really, now I´m not sure if they are authentic... Please, if you have some opinion and experience with this type of pommels and crossguards leave a comment.

I try to post more and better photos soon, because this parts are not mine

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard   NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard  

NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard
    P
    Many

Both look good to me.

I took this photo from a great collector and contributor to the forum..here is his Crossguard eagle..which shows more defined lines and a tough looking eagle compared to the crossguard above. The Pommel lacks any pebbling or detail from what i can see. I would lean more to a cast fake commonly found in cheap knife shops...but JMO. Need more eyes on this. here is the pick below from a great contributor......I wonder who he could be?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hahaha Larry, crossguard which I post looks very ugly, but it can be authentic - my (and also Danny´s) crossguard made by W.K.C. is real killer! My main focus is Army officer dagger, Luftwaffe is only nice addition, so sometimes I ´m confused with some Luftwaffe daggers.

Regards Peter

?

Hi Peter, I have a luftwaffe dagger in my collection with the same type of crossguard. Here are some pictures to compare.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard   NEED HELP Luftwaffe dagger pommel and crossguard  

?

Well Peter that is exactly one of the reasons i dont collect 2nd type Luftwaffe.
    I just cant get a grip on those ugle chicken crossguards
    Cant be of any help here, perhaps Danny will kick in?

Ger

speaking of the devil....

?

I knew you would like this one Ger LOL

Danny

Sorry I cannot be of help either as I completely swerve the second pattern altogether. To many good fakes about imo

Hi to all, thanks for all your help with this parts for Luftwaffe dagger. Opinion of each of you is valuable! In this hard times full of dagger reproductions is necessary to help each other...

Regards Peter