Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New dagger display

Article about: I was at a farmers market today and seen this and it came with a re-pro dagger ,so i liked the board so i asked the man how much just for that he said \\$15 he wanted \\$60 for the re-pro dagger

?

Default New dagger display

I was at a farmers market today and seen this and it came with a re-pro dagger ,so i liked the board so i asked the man how much just for that he said $15 he wanted $60 for the re-pro dagger and board but i liked it as the bird looks great!SO I PUT MY REAL DAGGER ON IT..I MAY DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH IT NOT SURE YET.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New dagger display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New dagger display
    P
    Many

?

Default re: New dagger display

A nice looking display. It is a political looking eagle, it would look even better with a SS or SA dagger.

Interesting find! I assume it was crafted by an amateur. Are the War Merit Cross and Iron Cross images painted directly on to the wood?

?

hi,thanks these are just a few new re-pro things that hit the farmers market as there is a knife store in there and he has re-pro on his prices and has quite a few of them.here it is with a sa.you are right it looks better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New dagger display  

The SA fits the board better.............

Interesting.
    I have not seen these...........yet........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

thanks steve,they just hit the market as i go there on the weekends to shop and this comes in a box with a re-pro looking red cross black hadle dagger thats what the sticker said..i just asked how much for the board as i had no need for the re-pro dagger as the hole kit was $60 something made me buy it..iam realy going over on this stuff!

Was the repro an early or mid period Spanish piece? If it was, I would have worked with him and bought the repro dagger... There is an emerging market for early repro pieces which were made well in Toledo, etc. I wish I kept my old repro daggers..I had paid next to nothing for them back in the day, and today, I miss them. My favorites were the Holler marked fakes...both with the Solingen and the Berlin marks- the 1st Luft being amoungst my favs.

Don't underestimate the market for older repros. They have begun to come into their own as niche collectibles for TR blade collectors.

Without digressing too much, I really like the 1960's repro SS honor degens..those were cool and very well made.

.....oh and by the way, nice looking display set up. Be sure to get a framed cover for it so you avoid pinpoint rust caused by dust/humidity/moisture and so forth.

Tom