Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NSFK - Dagger

Article about: Hi all, hope you are all well? I would be grateful if you could have a look at the attached pictures, I've just been offered this dagger by a friends father in law, neither of us are sure of

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	959090Click image for larger version. 

Views:	50 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	959089Click image for larger version. 

Views:	50 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	959089
    Quote by Billy G View Post
    Nice looking dagger. Are there any letters or numbers on the underside of the crossguard?

Is it me or is the solingen spelt 'solingem' :0 and what be the significance of the 'K' printed under the cross guard?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

SolinGEM?? ..Not much of a gem in authenticity if that is how it has been spelled.

It would be best to take a closer look under deep magnification to see the etch process. The letter appears to be darker than the rest..thus being manipulated IMO.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    SolinGEM?? ..Not much of a gem in authenticity if that is how it has been spelled.

It would be best to take a closer look under deep magnification to see the etch process. The letter appears to be darker than the rest..thus being manipulated IMO.

Regards Larry
    I'm pretty sure that it is spelt with an "N" Larry.
    Ralph.

Views:	21 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	959200
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Please see if you could take a photo of the throat of the scabbard. Thanks.

Would like to see if it is a NSFK or DLV knife. (My guess is NSFK) I would certainly welcome this one into my collection. However, IMO the "personalization" detracts from the overall condition because of crude method used.

?

Here are a couple pictures of the K stamp on my DLV and swaz, prop / wing symbol stamped on throat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	959281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7767.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	959282  

Name:	IMG_7774.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	959283  

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Looks Like an "M' in this photo Ralph

Name:  solinegem.PNG
Views: 100
Size:  168.9 KB

It doesnt get any more "M" than that ! ....or someone has been photo shopping a bit making a Gem out of this dagger.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey Patrick,

Can you get us a close up shot of the SMF seated king Logo and Solingen with good lighting? Here are some good shots in this link of one Wittmann has for sale showing the makers mark up close. Go to this web page and and scroll down Wittmann Antique Militaria - Glider Pilot Daggers

Name:	38222w.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	959339 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38222x.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	959340
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-03-2016 at 11:59 AM.

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Rossi please no links ! ..just a couple of picks are all that is needed. I added 2 to your post.

I also changed the link to Toms DLV Glider Pilot page. This page link will always be replenished with further updates.

Regards Larry

On the first picture (ralphs) it looks like an N. But on Larry's it looks more like an M?

The M looks in the same font as the NETHE but smaller?

rgds matty

Views:	34 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	959484

i managed to get a picture of the throat, i believe this makes it a dlv ie pre nsfk? the guy selling it is asking £850....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast