Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I have bought above mentiond dagger which is full aluminium even the handle and scabbard are from aluminum (or other metal) and are painted. Maker mark is David Malsch, Steinbach. T

?

Default NSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I have bought above mentiond dagger which is full aluminium even the handle and scabbard are from aluminum (or other metal) and are painted. Maker mark is David Malsch, Steinbach. The condition of the dager is not perfect because the blade was for sure cleaned and the maker mark is not perfectly seen. I would like to know your opinion if this dagger is original or not because I have possibility to return it (agreement with seller).
    Thank you, Mike
    NSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for help
    P
    Many

Hello, I thought the alumininium version were only made by hellbig?

I will just say your playing devils advocate pulling things apart and then asking to return them.

?

I think there were more makers but I am not sure. Crossguard and pommel are from aluminium but the handle is quite heavy maybe it is from other material. Weight of crossguard is 23 grams and handle 64 grams. All dagger with scabbard is 313 grams and scabbard alone is 123 grams.
    Mike

Hi Mike......Matty brings up a great point of interest concerning the maker FA Helbig as being the only maker to make aluminum daggers. But it should leave the door open to possibilities of another producer using Aluminum fittings. I would leave this question in the hands of the Luft collectors. IMO the dagger itself and fittings all belong to the period...but the blade is in question...as belonging to the parts. The aluminum Helbig dagger was 1/2 inch longer than its Nickel fitting predecessors. For our Luft collectors as I dont collect this type...would the blade be longer or is it the scabbard that is longer? This dagger has some hope...but i would like to hear from the others if any other David Malsch aluminum types have been encountered. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

would the blade be longer or is it the scabbard that is longer?
    The scabbard would be longer, this was due to the placement of the throat screws, down low instead of up higher, this is a crackle finish Helbig NSFK pilot knife but with a replaced blade. Helbig is the only maker that used the simulated leather crackle finish on the handle and scabbard, also the black painted swastikas instead of being enamal. the original blade must have been really messed up so somebody replaced it, making it a parts dagger.

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    The scabbard would be longer, this was due to the placement of the throat screws, down low instead of up higher, this is a crackle finish Helbig NSFK pilot knife but with a replaced blade. Helbig is the only maker that used the simulated leather crackle finish on the handle and scabbard, also the black painted swastikas instead of being enamal. the original blade must have been really messed up so somebody replaced it, making it a parts dagger.
    Hi,
    thank you for help. I will keep this dager because for me is important that even it is parts dagger all these parts are original and also I have paid 135,-eur (185,-US) for it. And I think it is not too much.
    Mike

?

NSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for helpNSFK full aluminium dagger by David Malsch - ask for help
    Max is spot on
    Its a parts dagger, blade has been replaced.
    Only Helbig made the Crackle finish ones.
    Max just a little thing to mention: ive seen some Helbig Crackle's who had the swastika in gold and not black, and they where factory done, not a later paint job.

All parts except the blade are helbig originals.
    The picture of the blade it unfortunate so poor that i cant make up what it is.
    below 2 pics of my former Helbig Crackle with the proper blade
    Cheers Ger

and 135 euro is a real steal, a complete bargain!
    a good one in decent condition in Europe will cost you 800-->1000 euro

Hi, for this time I agree with Gerrit and Maximus, I never see David Malsch daggger with this aluminum parts. Only Helbig made this type of dagger. Despite that fact dagger is very nice and for that price it was very reasonable buy.

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Hi,
    thank you for help. I will keep this dager because for me is important that even it is parts dagger all these parts are original and also I have paid 135,-eur (185,-US) for it. And I think it is not too much.
    Mike
    Hi mike, id say you've certainly got the deal of the day even with a genuine but wrong blade. People think the aluminium version with the crackle paintwork are fake, so they tend to get sweved at auctions and never make as much money as the nickel version. Truth is they are genuine and far rarer than the nickel versions (by far), im sure the guy who sold it to you for that rediculousy low price believes its fake hence the price you have paid. Grab the bull by the horns fella, I wish I was as lucky as you.