Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. Schuttlehoffer

Article about: Greetings. This is my first post after registering with the site and it's a query. Admittedly, I'm fairly new to collecting WWII militaria. Being the son of a veteran, I've always maintained

Default Opinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. Schuttlehoffer

Greetings. This is my first post after registering with the site and it's a query. Admittedly, I'm fairly new to collecting WWII militaria. Being the son of a veteran, I've always maintained a genuine curiosity and desire to read and learn more. Recently, I was given several German items which my father brought back from the war. I would like to expand and build upon the collection. I've been intrigued, perhaps the most, by the edged weapons - particularly, the Luftwaffe Dagger.

I'm currently considering purchasing this dagger. I know it is a 2nd model and the maker is A. Schuttlehofer & Co. I'm deferring to fellow member's opinions on whether this looks authentic and if there are things I should be on the look out for when viewing it in person. The photos are not mine but what I have been provided with from the owner. Otherwise I'd be able to furnish something sharper. I look forward to responses and learning more from others on this site. Cheers.
    Opinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. SchuttlehofferOpinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. SchuttlehofferOpinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. SchuttlehofferOpinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. Schuttlehoffer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion request on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by A. Schuttlehoffer
    P
    Many

Looks authentic to me . Good detail

Judging by the photos, it looks ok, but portepee is for Herr dagger.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi, dagger looks good to me. It is late war produced example with W.K.C. pommel, crossguard and scabbard, only blade is made by Schuttlehofer, it is nothing unusual, because W.K.C. sold a many of its own parts to others producers. So in my opinion this daggers is authentic.

Regards Peter

Hello 78th..welcome to the forum..you will most certainly find the answers you need ..and you are off to a great start by posting your Luftwaffe dagger in its designated forum. A most favorable opinion on your dagger would start from the photos that you post. In collecting these types of artifacts..it is important to use no flash..and best results would be achieved outside on an overcast day..or the use of indoor indirect lighting. A combination of sharp clear pics..and lighting is a key element in providing you the best assessment on your dagger. We have a great Luftwaffe dagger forum here..and ,When you get a chance read through and browse through the photos. PeterCollector is one of our top Luft dagger guys..and will give you the best and detailed answer on your dagger. Again the better the photos..( no flash ) the better the reply. Enjoy your stay Regards Larry

@ Rancid66......Nice to see you here again Vedran
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Australia, Rancid66 & Peter - thank you for the confirmation. Larry C - thank you for the welcome. As stated, the photos are not mine but what's been provided by the seller. I'm a professional photographer so anything shared from my collection will hopefully be up to spec

its good.

Hello,
    Larry thanks for your kind comment, I mostly collect Wehrmacht daggers, but Luftwaffe dagger 2nd. model - well I just like them too much! This type of Third Reich daggers are certainly one of the beauties! In future I also want to add into collection some others Luftwaffe daggers and maybe I will be lucky

seventyeighth - that will be certainly great, if you are professional photographer, you can certainly teach us ho to take a shot of our items properly

Regards Peter

Larry, i was hesitant about resume the collection, but in the end, I decided to keep the entire collection, and keep going on.

Regards
    Vedran