Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinions on gravity knife

Article about: I believe that this is an original WWII issued gravity knife but I want to know other opinions from others better informed. The numbers do not match. The inside number is 236 and the number

Default opinions on gravity knife

I believe that this is an original WWII issued gravity knife but I want to know other opinions from others better informed. The numbers do not match. The inside number is 236 and the number for the blade release is 523. The release spring is broken as is the spring for the spike. The spike has luft 5 eagle. blade is solingen SMF and has been badly sharpened. I believe that the hanger is original. I know I am using probably all the wrong terminology but hopefully I am understandable. Is it original and also, in the condition it is in what is it worth? The dark line on the wood is where a metal piece was added to hold the release after it broke. It allowed the knife to work but kept the spike from working. I do not think it was very old.
    Any help you all can give is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on gravity knife   opinions on gravity knife  

opinions on gravity knife   opinions on gravity knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on gravity knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on gravity knife

Sam
    It is original, but it's condition lets it down badly. Most of them, sadly, were sharpened, but because the spring is broken it is almost impossible to repair and not be seen, unless you find an "expert" but then it will cost a lot.
    In good condition, blade not sharpened and working they command in excess of £300. If it's a take down blade, a lot more