MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pack luft dagger

Article about: Here is my new dagger plated blade in great condition ,

?

Default Pack luft dagger

Here is my new dagger plated blade in great condition ,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pack luft dagger   Pack luft dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pack luft dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pack luft dagger

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pack luft dagger   Pack luft dagger  

?

My new one

?

One
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pack luft dagger  

That is a great dagger, Pammy ............... !
    I like that particular 'Pack' logo also.

Is that two beautiful Luftwaffe daggers you now have ? !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi steve,these are my two new ones so i have 3 all together..i will get a picture of them all in a few...i have a qustion..?i have another luft dagger that the threds from the blade must have broke off inside the pomell and the blade tage if im saying/spelling it right needs to be fix?is there someone that would soilder the thread to make it taller so it would reach the pommell?i will try to get a picture so you will know what iam talking abought..it seems like it would be easy?please let me know who could fix this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pack luft dagger  

Quote by pammy View Post
    Hi steve,these are my two new ones so i have 3 all together..i will get a picture of them all in a few...i have a qustion..?i have another luft dagger that the threds from the blade must have broke off inside the pomell and the blade tage if im saying/spelling it right needs to be fix?is there someone that would soilder the thread to make it taller so it would reach the pommell?i will try to get a picture so you will know what iam talking abought..it seems like it would be easy?please let me know who could fix this?
    Hi, Pammy !

Three ! ? !
    That is great..................... !

I can see the end of the threaded tang inside the pommel.
    It can probably be removed, but getting it out is the tough part. It must be done VERY carefully !
    The pommel is probably aluminum or some other soft metal, and the tang is steel, which is a lot harder.
    The broken part of the tang can be welded back on but the threads must not be damaged.

Someone with very good mechanical and welding skills should be able do both for you. If the threads get messed up a little, they can be filed back into reasonable shape to accept the pommel again......
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Pammy, it can be done by drilling into the broken piece inside the pommel, inserting a piece of metal and unscrewing the whole thing out, but reattaching the broken piece back onto the other thread im not too sure about, i think someone with engineering skills would be able to advise and i know there are a few on the forum

?

Thanks steve,i would have 4 if i can get someone to weld the tang ! I realy dont know were to start?i was looking around and a tom wittman fixes up things?i will have to see how much he would charge..as its worth it as its a very minty blade but i do need some grip wire if anyone has some please pm me as with these two fixes it would be a great 2nd luft dagger.THANKS DAVID ,REALY THERE IS ENOUGH THREDS ON THE BLADE ITSELF AS IT WOULD HAVE TO BE CUT SOMEWERE AND RAISED JUST A BIT AS WHEN I PUT THE GRIP BACK ON YOU CAN SEE SOME THREDS ,BUT JUST NOT ENOUGH TO GET A POMELL STARTED...THANK YOU

?

based on what you have,second model luft, no hangers, and with damage,a pc under $500. sell it for $300 with problems. Now to fix it, there's the money. Thomas Wittman has a guy who can do anything. You can find him at the shows or ask around. It will cost some money, under $100. Depending if you are going to collect it or sell it, will determine the next course of action.
    If keeping, then save your money and simply put a small pin repair to hold the pommel onto the tang.Use a reversable glue or other medium to keep it together. Simple and cheap. These ceremonial daggers were not meant to be dismantled anyway.
    If you want to invest and resell. look for a new blade, as a repaired tang will be hard to hide. Best I can tell you. I wish I had better news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast