Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.

Article about: It's a good idea, contacting Wittmann, is he a member of this site ? Regarding the scabbard, I don't think it will clean up.....

Default Personalized and denazified 2nd luft. With great history !

Hi

Here's a luft I just got from Germany. Unfortunately it has been denazified at some time
    I'm thinking of changing the pommel and crossguard, but there are no makers mark. Can anyone tell me who made this dagger ? If I change it, it has to be the same as original.
    By the way, there is a great story to this knife: http://www.johnsonreferencebooks.com/26291.htm
    Looks like i have got his first luft from when he was a leutnant.

Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.   Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.  

Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.   Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.  

Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.  
    Last edited by hbhansen; 04-10-2011 at 05:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Personalized and denazified 2nd luft.

I see no harm in bringing it back to its former condition. I would display it in a box frame restored with the original parts to the side with a typed description as to the denazification. It would make a great display.
    SteveR

Great idea SteveR.

Hopefully i can find a pommel and a crossguard, from the same maker as the original ones.

Hbhansen

?

That sounds a really good idea,that would look great displayed with the original parts

I would definitely restore,nice blade.

Just realized that the ferrule is an army ?? I wonder what happened to this daggert ?

Don't sweat the ferrule, some were issued this way. No not textbook but quite original.

I've read about that, somewhere on the internet. But wasn't sure..... have spend a long time today searching for other ones with army ferrule, but couldn't find anyone. Thanks for confirming it !
    I'm currently stationed in Libanon, so it's my wife, recieving the package and taking the pictures. I'm really looking forward to coming home and hold this piece. Maybe I can see if it's been taken apart and the ferrule changed ?
    I'm very excited about this one, because of the luftwaffe officer who owned it. Sure hope it's not a partsdagger !

As SteveR says, it is a good candidate for a 'restoration' and would be worth doing.
    It may take some time, but it is possible to find the correct parts.

You may also find a better scabbard as well - I don't know how well this one
    will clean up. 'CLR' might work, but it will remove any remaining finish.
    Regards,

Steve.

Its a shame someone messed with this dagger, also didn't take much care in properly storing it. Engraved blades are not common. I will recommend you contact one of the leading experts on WWII German daggers, Thomas Wittmann. He lives in New Jersey, U.S.A. You can check out his online site "Wittmann Antique Militaria". I know him personally and have seen his magnificant collection. He has LOTS of dagger parts and can tell you just by the pics you have what could/should be done with this dagger. I have sent daggers to him for repair and proper part replacement. Good luck on getting the dagger restored.
    Last edited by canadatim; 04-13-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast