Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?

Article about: Hello, I recently came into possession of this aparent Luftwaffe Dagger and I am trying to determine if it is real or not. Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated. It has some kind of

Default Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?

Hello, I recently came into possession of this aparent Luftwaffe Dagger and I am trying to determine if it is real or not. Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated. It has some kind of issue with the blade. Also, how much is it worth in US Dollars?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?   Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?  

Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?   Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?  

Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?   Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?

Any detail on the makers mark?

Default Re: Please Help: Luftwaffe 1st Model Dagger (PAUL WEYERSBERG) REAL OR FAKE?

The stamp is on the second picture down which is a faint mark of Paul Weyersberg.

Paul Weyersberg & Co. Solingen

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It appears to be original, but the problem is the condition. Someone has very heavily cleaned it all over and they have really over done it. Clearly the blade has suffered with rust and they have removed a lot of the surface of the metal.

I also have a concern over the various applied number stampings as they do not match. "LKS Ga" would appear to be some kind of unit marking which is unknown to me?

Hope this help a little?

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you for your help. What do you think it is worth in this condition?

I cannot help on a value sorry. But the condition is really going to hurt the value. Take a look here to see some good examples for sale on a forum members website:

Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site

Cheers, Ade.

Old thread, but LKS is for Luftkriegsschule. Ga is possibly the location, perhaps for LKS 2 in Gatow (Berlin-Gatow)