MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?

Article about: Hey guys, After about 4 years of looking i've finally found a scabbard for my 1st model, but the problem is that I dont know if this scabbard fits with my dagger in regards to authenticity.

?

Default Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?

Hey guys,

After about 4 years of looking i've finally found a scabbard for my 1st model, but the problem is that I dont know if this scabbard fits with my dagger in regards to authenticity. I am pretty clueless when it comes to my 1st model, is it an early model? Late model? Also is this scabbard a proper fit for my dagger when it comes to late or early model 1st patterns.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?   Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?  

Attached Images Attached Images Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?  Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?  Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this the proper scabbard for my 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger?
    P
    Many

?

Ry,

Your dagger is an early 1st model, so it would have been equip with a scabbard that had nickel fittings, and a nickel chain.

The scabbard you show is wrong for your dagger for 2 reasons. One, it has aluminum fittings on the shell, and not nickel as you need. But secondly, it has been cobbled up when someone added a nickel chain to it. As this scabbard would had come with a matching aluminum chain hanger.

?

JR said it all

Your dagger also appears to be one of the government issue examples - that makes it even more improbable to have a mismatched scabbard/assembly. Best Regards, Fred