Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions on woodwork Luftwaffe dagger, any/all info appreciated.

Article about: Found this reasonably close to home, someone's Dad's bringback is the story. It's a real beauty in the seller's pictures, with what looks like pretty fine detail. I looked over the stickies

Default Questions on Luftwaffe dagger with Solingen 1939 marked blade, any/all info appreciated.

Found this reasonably close to home, someone's Dad's bringback is the story. It's a real beauty in the seller's pictures, with what looks like pretty fine detail.

I looked over the stickies to try to familiarize myself with these, and I take it this is the 2nd pattern Lutwaffe dress bayonet, but I still have questions.

Does the dagger/scabbard look legit?

Who is the maker and is it normal seeing a date on the blade like this?

And finally, is it possibly worth the five hundred USD he's asking?

Last edited by Larboard; 07-18-2013 at 10:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions on woodwork Luftwaffe dagger, any/all info appreciated.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Questions on woodwork Luftwaffe dagger, any/all info appreciated.

Likes like a good one to me but would need better close up pictures of the dagger to be 100%

its a 2nd pattern luft dagger,the blade markings have thrown me a bit,never seen that before.!

It's a post war made 'souvenir' dagger made by a company called B&A. It's basically made up of left over parts and post war castings etc. Very often they came in a leather scabbard as there were no real ones left. They also produced SA daggers with plastic grips.....

These were available for years after the war in magazines like 'Popular Mechanics' for around $5-$6 a piece. The asking price is an utter joke, it would in my opinion be worth around $100-$125 tops if you were thinking of breaking it down for parts, which is what used to happen to these a lot. Save your money and wait for a genuine piece is my advice.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

BAM!!!!!............ a knock out punch description,,,,Thank you Ned!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx Ned, you're a prince ;-)

I'll edit the post title to reflect the dagger inscription for future reference.

Thx again guys!