MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?

Article about: Been offered this luftwaffe and ss dagger also shown in trade. Need help as I would like but do not want to trade good for bad. Thanks all This is a great place.

Default Real or Fake Luft

Been offered this luftwaffe and ss dagger also shown in trade. Need help as I would like but do not want to trade good for bad. Thanks all This is a great place.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?   Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?  

Attached Images Attached Images Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?  Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?  Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake Luft

please add bigger and better pictures with more details, yours are ways to small

Default Re: Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?

I have merged you two threads together.

Sorry the pics of the blade are still far too small to give any kind of accurate opinion. Etched blades are a minefield and need good clear close up pics.

Broadly speaking the dagger and hangers, deluxe versions by the way, appear good. But the blade is the real issue here and fakes of these abound.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Real or Fake Luft

I'd echo that Ade
    The ones that are etched and real are languishing in collections, and most are known about as they were produced in a limited number.

What better way to triple the price, than add a fake etch to an original dagger, extreme caution is advised.

To make a sound opinion on the blade, the pictures will need to be mega close.

Read my pinned thread on TR Blades

I would love that one to be the real deal

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have merged you two threads together.

Sorry the pics of the blade are still far too small to give any kind of accurate opinion. Etched blades are a minefield and need good clear close up pics.

Broadly speaking the dagger and hangers, deluxe versions by the way, appear good. But the blade is the real issue here and fakes of these abound.

Cheers, Ade.
    Are the hangers GENERAL hangers, or not? I was told that all gold hangers were for Generals only. Was I told wrong?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Are the hangers GENERAL hangers, or not? I was told that all gold hangers were for Generals only. Was I told wrong?
    You were told incorrect info. Gilt washed hanger fittings were an optional extra.

Jon: sending you a PM with my email address.

Cheers, Ade.

Posted for Jon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?   Real or Fake Luftwaffe dagger?  

I would only buy a engraved dagger if it came with a vet's provenance or a iron-clad money-back-lifetime deal,,,,