Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Replica ?? 1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire Wrap

Article about: Hello! I am new to the forum and have come across what I hope to be a 1st model luftwaffe dagger -- or at least a good replica Curiously, there is no blade stamp, and the dagger feels rather

cwa7g
    ?

Wink Real or Replica ?? 1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire Wrap

Hello!

I am new to the forum and have come across what I hope to be a 1st model luftwaffe dagger -- or at least a good replica

Curiously, there is no blade stamp, and the dagger feels rather light overall for nickel. Instead of the standard triple/double wire wrap it looks like someone wrapped the grip in soldering wire.

I'd like to know as much information as possible! Any great sites to check into for resources or any insight as to whether or not this thing could be authentic.

Thanks!

CWReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire WrapReal or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire Wrap[ATTACH=CONFIG]271080
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Replica ??   1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire Wrap  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Real or Replica ?? 1st Model Luftwaffe Single Wire Wrap

I think Wittmann militaria will do. Dead link
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-12-2013 at 02:26 AM.

What are some thoughts on this this 1st Model Luftwaffe?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is not my favorite style dagger so I only have one example in my collection. I thought these were always marked but I pulled up Whittmann's listing and he has 25 1st pattern Luftwaffe for sale. Only one of these is unmarked.

Unless this dagger is dirt cheap I would wait for a nicer one. Most dagger collectors wouldn't want a dagger in this condition. With daggers it is about quality. With something like insignia I would much rather have a uniform removed item than mint but not with daggers.

It mixes by many parts, some are OK, some are reproductions.
    Poor Frankenstein.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Its clear to see that the scabbard doesnt belong to the dagger.
    It is in a totally different state as the daggers grip.
    Scabbard leather is totally dried, fittings are badly damaged by heat?
    Obvious a rewired grip with leather in a far better condition, maybe had new leather on and a fantasy gripwire.
    Then the blade: coming from the factory all these blades are beautiful, full crossgrain with a chrome layer on them.
    ive seen damage on chrome blade of LW daggers 1st type, and that looks nothing like this one.
    Strange to see crossgrain under rust, where chrome should be.
    Sorry to say but this dagger gives me the creeps

not in any ways a collectable item.
    Cheers Ger

Can we say that the pommel and crossguard are alluminum and the gilting wore off? I agree also a mix of old and new.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill