Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern

Article about: Hello All, Annoyed from this ads?   here are todays two additions from Abergavenny market hall.

Im still trying to grasp the concept..of the reason why...and trying to connect what Germany held as an honor..and a carpet manufacturer. Although the Heer dagger is non political ..I would assume the restrictions of the distribution of these to the general public. The real oddity and severity is the time period and the overall NS doctrine.

This is a brain teaser..and I can not connect the 2. The other strangled thought..is how is it that a carpet producer has the right to hand these out,,which Im sure there was some sort of restrictions handing out edged minis compared to tinnies with swastikas. Still a neat item and a neat concept. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im still trying to grasp the concept..of the reason why...and trying to connect what Germany held as an honor..and a carpet manufacturer. Although the Heer dagger is non political ..I would assume the restrictions of the distribution of these to the general public. The real oddity and severity is the time period and the overall NS doctrine.

This is a brain teaser..and I can not connect the 2. The other strangled thought..is how is it that a carpet producer has the right to hand these out,,which Im sure there was some sort of restrictions handing out edged minis compared to tinnies with swastikas. Still a neat item and a neat concept. Regards Larry
    Perhaps he made carpets for the SMF factory Larry.
    The BESMER firm was still in business in the late 50s and 60s and without looking further in to them they could still be.

There are all sorts of connections that we could imagine. One of the boys may have been a Luftwaffe ace! They could have made carpets for Karinhalle.
    I guess we will never know ...unless some one out here has the answer!

What this has done is make me more interested in grabbing some more of these little chaps.
    They certainly take up less space than the big fellas.

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    They certainly take up less space than the big fellas.

All the best
    Doug
    Nice one Doug!
    Now you know why I choose to make miniatures.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12