Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern

Article about: Hello All, Annoyed from this ads?   here are todays two additions from Abergavenny market hall.

Default SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern

Hello All,
    here are todays two additions from Abergavenny market hall.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern
    P
    Many

As previously discussed in the other two threads:
    Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified
    and here:
    Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger....Letter Opener

I was hoping that adding this third example to my collection I would be able to make one great example, one good one and a dog rough one.
    As you can see this one isn't in the best of condition to start swapping any bits about,

Here is a close up of the handle..It may still have the wire but chipped and damaged at both ends. What a lovely colour though>

Here is the pommel and hilt, A bit shop worn.

SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern

And finally the makers stamp on the backside of the blade.

The advertising on this blade is 'BESMER TEPPICHE' which if my gin soaked memory serves me well is Besmer Carpets?

All the best
    Doug

Very Nice pick ups Saladin. Could you post a photo of that inscription..it is odd that a Carpet business would have their name on the blade. It is difficult to connect the Army with a carpet co. Photos please when you get a chance. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here you go Larry,
    A close up of the blade inscription and a couple of better close ups of the pommel and hilt.

All the best
    Doug

SMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd PatternSMF Battle Weary Miniature Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern

Hello Larry,
    I found this interesting link that displays a similar example:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...ay_he_said_my/

All the best
    Doug

Hi Saladin...that was an interesting read...and these minatures are also called salesmens examples.. for officers looking to purchase a dagger type. I can not explain the Carpet inscription as I have never heard of this before..but possibly the Carpet company may have been a Donor to the War effort. Just speculation. Interesting item. Wait for other opinions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It was interesting Larry. It seems that Besmer gave away a few of these minis.
    I have pulled the picture off the site for reference.
    It is interesting to note the added red covering and the missing loop.

All the best
    Doug

?

It had a rough life this mini, but its an Original.
    We can see the beuty it once was by looking at Dougs added pictures of a mint example!

Thx Gents for showing.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast