Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )

Article about: Hello, I bought this parachute knife inexpensively, its missing the locking, and possalbly the spring like mechanism. I'm guessing because I've never held a fully functioning original. Anway

Default SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )

Hello,
    I bought this parachute knife inexpensively, its missing the locking, and possalbly the spring like mechanism. I'm guessing because I've never held a fully functioning original. Anway, can anybody tell me where I can find period correct, replacement pieces? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )   SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )  

SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )   SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )
    P
    Many

Hi Kristian ..this would be referred to most commonly as a Fallschirmjager ( Gravity knife )

Do you have any more photos that would show any control stamp markings ..producer logo?
    The flash is not the best to use when photographing anything with a shiney or silver content which the flash bounces back into the camera lense.
    Indirect lighting works best.

More photos please.
    Thread moved to the Luftwaffe sub forum

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ty, illl get on that today.

Hopefully this is a little better. I'm lacking a camera, i only have this crappy cell phone camera. Hopefully thigh this is of more use, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )   SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )  

SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )   SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )  

Didnt realize how bad the SMF pic actually was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )  

Most of these knives that you see, do have a broken locking mechanism. The fact they haven't been repaired indicates it's not an easy fix. However I did hear that someone could fix them, but can't remember who it was! I would think there is potential to damage the knife further by anyone having a go themselves. May be better to leave as is.

I heard the same info Anderson ..it was a Gent here in the US and also heard he may have passed away.
    Someone correct if Im wrong.

He was the go to guy that was very good at repairing these types of knives. I can not remember his name.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

An original FJ Messer in any condition is a nice find. So congratulations on finding one, even if in used condition.

Ty, I appreciate everyone's help. I believe there are a couple YouTube fix it videos out there, i just haven't had the time to explore that option yet. I'm more interested in relocating period correct replacement parts. Either way, it's probalbly one of my favorite TR knives, (prob b/c it's my latest purchase, lol,) at least for now. Thanks again.

?

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    Ty, I appreciate everyone's help. I believe there are a couple YouTube fix it videos out there, i just haven't had the time to explore that option yet. I'm more interested in relocating period correct replacement parts. Either way, it's probalbly one of my favorite TR knives, (prob b/c it's my latest purchase, lol,) at least for now. Thanks again.
    Looks like a good one to me. Can you tell if spike is marked with a number and eagle near folding arc? Also the trigger mechanism should have likely some numbers marked as well. I have the same SMF Piece.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast