Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Two Daggers

Article about: Dear Associates, I know very little in detail about Third Reich items, especially daggers. Recently, I aquired these two pieces as part of an estate lot, and have decided I would keep them a

Default Two Daggers

Dear Associates,

I know very little in detail about Third Reich items, especially daggers.

Recently, I aquired these two pieces as part of an estate lot, and have decided I would keep them as "one-ies". They appeal to me as they seem to be quite clean and untouched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The DLV knife seems to be missing the scabbard tip. The Luftwaffe dagger has some marks on the blade and the fittings seem "dull".

My questions are as follows:

1- Where on earth can I locate a scabbard tip for the DLV?

2- Is there a way to clean the blade on the Luftwaffe? It is not badly pitted, and just seems to show some "staining". Also, are the fittings supposed to have that matte gray patina, or can they be cleaned?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Daggers   Two Daggers  

Two Daggers   Two Daggers  

Two Daggers  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Daggers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Two Daggers

Richie, looks like a nice catch. The DLV parts is a very rare, and can be just found a fake parts without a problens, I'am allways buying some of the spare parts for the daggers, but newer met the DLV parts.
    Also, the luft dagger looks like better do not touch it, it's a cheap item and result of restoring will cost approx the same as a piece in a nice condition. I prefer to restore the rarest items.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Two Daggers

Hi Richie, both are nice original items.

Try Tom Johnson for a replacement chape:

Johnson Reference Books and Militaria

The Luftwaffe dagger: don't touch the exterior, that is fine. But the blade might benefit from a clean using "Semi-Chrome" metal polish. This will take away some of the surface marks.

Cheers, Ade.