Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions

Article about: Hello Gent's, I am looking at purchasing a scabbard for this dagger. I believe it to be a correct unmarked 2nd model but would like to get the opinions of the experts on this site before I f

?

Default Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions

Hello Gent's,
    I am looking at purchasing a scabbard for this dagger. I believe it to be a correct unmarked 2nd model but would like to get the opinions of the experts on this site before I fork out the $$$ for the scabbard. It currently sits in a wood covered leather scabbard I made.
    I greatly appreciate any and all comments. If I need to take more pic's(sorry for the quality) let me know.
    Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions
    P
    Many

?

I just want to add that the fuller looks like copper in my pic's but is more of a brown/rusty patina on a shiny metal surface.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thoughts Good or Bad?
    I bumping this to the top so that those from the other time zones my comment.
    Good Night. See Ya all in the Morning
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hang tight Phil..this whole dagger looks decent to me..but I need some better Luft eyes to take a peek on the ferrule ring..I am led to believe that it may have been replaced..due to the color..or is that rust? I will see if I can find a comparable thread that might be a starting reference point.

I will keep this thread Bumped to the top..until you get the answers you need. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank You Larry. The ferrule ring did have a fine rust film. I didn't want to but to,but to get some better pic's I have gently cleaned it off an the rust film came off. Here are some better shots of it. I have compared this against the last unmarked 2nd model luft dagger thread and mine has the same oak leaf pattern on the hand guard and the eagle are spot on.It has the same/type wire pattern used and also the pommel leaf and acorn placement are the same.
    I know that I should have posted this earlier and not have put myself in this time constraint . I do apologize. I have told the Air Traffic controllers I work with this phrase all the time and now it is biting me in the ass."Your emergency is not my urgency" I will see if the seller of the scabbard will give me more time. As of now I need to accept his offer by 2pm tomorrow.
    I hope this pic helps.

Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions

Thank you once again. I do greatly appreciate your help

how did my comment get delited

?

OK I have an extension on my offer. So I'll try this and see if I can get some more opinions/help from the Luft Gent's. This is the scabbard I wish to purchase. Is this the correct scabbard for this unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger.

Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinionsUnmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger opinions

I greatly appreciate any help with this
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 01-12-2015 at 04:16 AM.

?

Brother Philly Dog...My opinion is that this is the correct scabbard for the dagger. From the pictures I think this is a WKC Unmarked? Right All?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I also studied the scabbard and feel that the details of the scabbard..fit what i commonly seen for an unmarked type. I think Phil has a good match between the 2 pieces..and very fortunate to find that needle in a haystack match.

@ Harry ,,could you please repost your comment regarding your thoughts and detail of the dagger itself. Any findings would be a benefit regarding the identity of these unmarked types.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks as good for it as you could hope to find. It's a correct pairing-nice job.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast