Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger Thoughts

Article about: I am looking to purchase this Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger and was hoping to illicit another set of eyes for authenticity. From the looks of it, it doesn`t look like a reproduction to

Default Unmarked 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger Thoughts

I am looking to purchase this Unmarked 2nd model Luftwaffe Dagger and was hoping to illicit another set of eyes for authenticity. From the looks of it, it doesn`t look like a reproduction to me. Thanks in advanced for the help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger Thoughts
    P
    Many

Hi,
    It all looks ok to me but I am not an expert, however from what I can see and with my limited knowledge I would say the hilt fittings - pommel and crossguard look like generic types and I think they are produced by WKC as used by other manufacturers, the grip looks like white celluloid over a wooden core or a later plaster filled one with (springy) aluminium grip wire it has a small crack which is not unusual but lowers the value very slightly, the unmarked blade looks good but photos are poor to tell if it has been cleaned or not (does it still have it's original crossgrain polish or is it a plated type?, the steel scabbard I also think is generic with what look to me like aluminium WKC scabbard bands it has a reverse throat screw that is missing and lastly the portepee also looks ok but again your photos are poor and make it difficult to tell for sure. All in all it looks like a typical unmarked Luftwaffe second pattern, but wait for the more experienced and knowledgeable collectors to give opinions before committing to a purchase and making sure the asking price is right.
    Regards, Andy.
    ps: I just noticed after posting this reply it says you are "BANNED" under your user name so apologies to admin if I should not have replied to this thread? or to you if it is a glitch?

?

Banned or not . I thought you did a great analysis of that dagger.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Member was banned 3 years ago for removing photos from 4 threads within this forum after repeated warnings and PMs.
    He returns under this name just adding an X to it...and without permission from the administration.

No problem Grofaz and thankful for your detailed response which this thread will remain intact for further discussion of the dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi,
    Thanks for letting me know he is actually banned. As for the dagger well I'm still learning and it's good to know I had this one right, a year or so ago I would have said nothing but thanks to this forum particularly and it's experienced members along with other forums and various books also recommended on forums I am getting there.There's still a vast amount to learn but that's why I'm here and it has made this hobby so much more satisfying for me and my collection is now becoming a source of pride not despair and regret lol.
    Cheers, Andy.